Page 597 of 621 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 597

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I did sleep well. I do need to drink some agua, because of the dehydration headache, but I slept well. Strange dreams of strange places. Places that I'd never been to, to my knowledge, but seemed like they could be anywhere. Like the Little Caesar's that catered to the trucking population by having a 24 hr staff and a register devoted solely to them. It seemed to be a BFE truck stop, like the one outside of Sweetwater. (Since only Twibble knows where that is, imagine a small rinkydink town. Now imagine a truck stop half the size of downtown rinkydink about 5 miles outside of it.)
    Still no calls or emails from the companies.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

GODDAMMIT! Wtf is wrong with me? I cried it out yesterday and ever since, even the smallest things brings heat to my face and tears to my eyes. If this is what supposedly "skipping" a period is like (and it sure as hell didn't skip this month), FTS, i'll find yet another BC. Oh wait, I can't cuz I can't afford to go to the doc.
    It's the 17th. Even if I got hired right now and went into work tomorrow, on a two week cycle, I'd still be scraping to make ends meet for the car. I could ask for Geek's help, but I HATE doing that. I guess it's time to go pick up a menial labor job and hope I can make ends meet. Fucking useless overpriced engr degree.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

You could always pick up a quick $150K as a zumba instructor...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quick, teach me to be coordinated!

Oh, wait...

If Geek has the means to help you, why is that so bad? You are a partnership, are you not?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Because we can't survive on only what he makes. Well, not without extreme effort, scraping, and pinching. I HATE asking for help with money. Even though I know he can and I know we're a partnership and I know all this. He'll want to use our savings. Or he'll get touchy feely about me not having a job when I can't fucking get one because I'm fucking useless with a degree that does nothing for me out here. (Oh, hey look, fucknig tears.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

In the early days of Finny and Mrs., before marriage, I went through the shit, and though it killed the male ego, I did have to lean on her for some help. To her credit she took it in stride. This is what he's there for, naiad. You guys will get through this.

I know it's a marriage and marriage is partnership. And he'll help me in a heartbeat. It hurts my ego, my pride, and all that jazz to ask.v I hate asking for help, and asking for monetary help is a special kind of pain. And he's already flat out said he'd rather eat into the savings than me take a nonengineering related job.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Agh. I feel for you. We are basically living off my income & meager savings right now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I'm a mess. I think it's time to put on my workout gear and get it out of my system with a run or weights workout.
    (For those wondering where the hell the "run" part came in, I only run when I'm trying to run from emotions or the world. It's still there when I get back, but I at least got some of the frustration out healthily.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I ran (for 5 min, but it counts, dammit). I walked. I did my iliac crest/ hip flexor exercises (because I slept on my hip wrong.) I updated the blog. I feel better, kinda.
    My Primal Battle Tome