Page 59 of 621 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 59

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's possible I may be there, but if I'm there at that time, it's likely for a funeral, if you catch my drift. 6 hours each way makes it a drive you don't do every week, ya know? I can meet up sometime during Thanksgiving though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Holy crap, here's my networking opportunity. ASCE meeting with most of the CE firms in the area today at lunch. I'm so going to run with it. Dicky's BBQ for lunch and I won't touch the so called dessert.
    After seeing batty's journal, I have come up with stakes of my own:
    1 KNOWN slip allowed. Accidental slips kept to a minimum.
    Prize: Ooey Gooey Valentino strawberry brownies (as in full pan) with whipped cream frosting.
    Anti- prize: HUGE bowl of cantaloupe, boiled eggplant, and papaya, dressed in pureed prune/ marinated mushroom sauce. I hate everything there, so it should work as an Anti- prize. Acceptable anti- prize substitute: papaya kidney stew.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Evil, conniving plans.
    Vicky, can you make an appearance for a picnic if promised a portion of the cow should I win? It'd most like be you, Husband, the guys, Rachel (and kids/ husband if she wants to bring them), and myself, along with however many of the troupe wants to show up.
    A picnic? a cow? sounds like fun Depends on the day/time.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Lunch: Dickey's BBQ- 3 oz brisket, 3 oz sausage, 2 c mashed baked potato (a casserole of everything baked potato), iced tea. Minimal networking, mostly business. ASCE headquarters guy perked up and requested more information when he got word of my layoff. I'll e-mail him later today, as per requested. Still waiting for the engineering firm to respond again. 6 hrs sleep. Doing ok, just kinda zoned out. At work til 5, woo...
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    YAY for the ASCE headquarters guy!
    If he's a smart man, he'll find a way to pick you up. That contact might have been 'dessert' for your lunch
    Professionally speaking, of course.

Unfortunately, no. ASCE is a professional society (American Society of Civil Engineers.) It may work in my favor that word is getting outside of the city and out among professionals in my career path.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, that's still a plus?

Maybe. It may not affect me directly, but it gets word of city layoffs out to the engineering community, which could make things better for other engineers.
    My Primal Battle Tome

My Grand Anti Inflammation September Challenge!
    1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. Not unless there was some hidden in the lunch. I don't think there was though.
    Dinner: Chicken Tariwala curry over spinach
    2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
    Call it 76g
    3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
    Got that and my lift heavy objects together today, outside, no less. Created something I call Swing & Fling. Do 1 rep of a shovelglove exercise, both sides. Grasp shovelglove near end of handle, and start whirling in a circle. When you start staggering under centripetal force, let go of the shovelglove, regain physical stability, and sprint to the shovelglove. Repeat through 7 different exercises. Do 1 or 2 reps.
    4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
    A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
    3.6:2.2, 1t fish oil
    B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
    Still doing good
    5) Sleep at least 6.5 hrs per night, preferably 8 or more.
    6 hours last night
    My Primal Battle Tome

I <3 Swing & Fling!!!
    And Chicken Tariwala???? Whazzat??? Sounds yum.