Page 589 of 621 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 589

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In an effort to avoid trashing the company on fb and appearing unprofessional, I'll rage here, where I'm comparatively anonymous.
    I made mistakes on the laser software while I was learning it. I admit that. I also admit that some of my stuff was not the perfection they desired, because I was still learning it. You cannot send someone to a 2.5 day class and expect them to know the entire software perfectly, as well as how their predecessor did it, within 2 weeks. I was new to the fucking industry, they knew that. I had no clue on any of this shit. They knew that. I didn't have the 70 years combined experience of the 2 people I replaced. So, yes, I made mistakes. I'm also not a fucking mind reader. I don't know what scrap we have until they run it back to me saying we have scrap. I don't know we're out of a certain width material unless I'm told. I can't know that the laser is down unless I'm told. Yet, it's my fucking fault that communication broke down and I didn't know all this shit from the beginning. It's my fucking fault that the program doesn't have certain thicknesses to program for. I can't know how to program without practice, dipshits. But within 2 weeks after a 2.5 day training class, I'm expected to know the industry, the system, the software, and this company. 2 weeks after that is when you told me these expectations and how I had miserably failed them. You told me to fix it, when there weren't any laser jobs coming in. Apparently, you neglected to tell me in the paperwork that I only get one verbal warning before I'm fired. I miss a client shipment because I was not told the laser was down. I fix it and suddenly, I'm fired. Fuck you. Find someone even half as good as I was on your special ancient laser, with that finicky client, or with AutoCAD that'll work for the peanuts you paid me. I was doing 3 jobs for the pay of one and a half, you got a pretty goddammed good deal on me. Good fucking luck replacing me. You won't be able to do it with one person. And they won't be as good as I became (if you had looked at my latest work, instead of constantly pulling up old jobs, you'd know that.) I'm glad you wasted the money on me. I hope your shitty little company goes under, because you undercharge (oh wait, I was the one that helped make you aware of that), you demand too fucking much, and you pay worse than all your competitors. Good fucking luck. Be glad I left the $7000 dongle, dumbass. It was only fear of a lawsuit that kept me from walking out with it in my purse. I hope Boss succumbs to a failed kidney and I hope Owner keeps running the business like the redneck moron he is. Good luck, fuckheads, you'll need it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

WRT to new jobs and faith (sorry to yoke two disparate topics), Mrs. F's oft-repeated things happen for a reason seems to apply. At least in my experience, every change in job was some piece of a larger puzzle.

Here's hoping this is a propitious coincidence...

Wow, sounds like bad management at the last place. I've dealt with a few fuckhead bosses in my time as well. One was a fuckhead racist (e.g.: Martin Luther Coon day). He always had a favorite pen that dangled from his mouth like a lazy cigarette. Without getting into the details of it... he wound up eating shit. Some people deserve bad things.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear they fired you. Hopefully the interview on Friday holds some water for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry NK. I hope you are on to bigger, better and less stressful things.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    WRT to new jobs and faith (sorry to yoke two disparate topics), Mrs. F's oft-repeated things happen for a reason seems to apply. At least in my experience, every change in job was some piece of a larger puzzle.

Here's hoping this is a propitious coincidence...
    My mom's favorite is "things will always turn out for the better - if you let them". So far, I haven't had that contradicted in my own life.

Sorry for the firing, and may a much better position be on its way sooner rather than later.

I'm back on the religion thing. I almost walked to a nearby church with lovely stained glass, but realized I'd feel foreign there. If my grandparent's church weren't 6 hours away, I'd've gone there. Instead I went in the backyard and talked aloud (prayed?) while petting the puppy. I feel forgotten. If you've ever read Jacob Have I Loved, I feel like the cleaned baby placed by the oven in a basket, that never caused a moment's worry. I feel like I've neglected to learn a lesson, over and over and over, but I can't figure out the lesson. I keep getting nightmares of completely forgetting I had a class until it showed up on my finals list, or starting to swim and forgetting to use my legs, so I don't go anywhere. It's not even that I refuse to learn the lesson, it's that some joker stole my textbook, so I can't even look up what it's supposed to be.
    Everywhere I turn, the word or actions of faith pop up. If that's my lesson, it's gonna be a hard one. I don't handle faith well. I lost my faith in much of anything when God let me almost commit suicide and when my mother wanted to abandon us so bad she would run away or try to commit suicide or both. I lost faith when the two things that were supposed to be rock steady in my world turned on me. I lost more faith when years of prayer and magicka only got me bupkis and worse. I have asked the gods to help my father with his alcoholism for years. It only happened when I gave up. I have asked them to help my mother for years. It only happened when I gave up on her and did the equivalent of "fuck it, you're on your own." Every time in my teenage years I would ask for a sign of the man I was to be with, I'd get an infuriating image of a man with dark hair, standing with his back to me in a calf length leather trench coat. Around the time I gave up on men, I found Geek again. I have asked time and again to keep a job or get one I can love and keep. Hasn't happened yet. I have asked for joy and happiness to replace the depression and quick fuse anger. After I gave up on the gods, it took modern medicine to do it where they wouldn't.
    It's like in place of faith, I was given my gifts. They actually pretty much appeared and disappeared at the same time, during puberty.
    It's hard to have faith when things only go your way after you've completely given up on whatever it is. Geek seems to think that constantly thinking on something is a guarantee it won't happen. I'm starting to see his way of thinking on that. Maybe I need to give up on more things.
    Maybe it's not that I actually give up on it. Maybe it's that I leave it in the hands of the 'Verse without acknowledging it as such. Maybe it's that I quit fucknig around trying to force it and let the 'Verse do as it will to make shit happen.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've heard "things happen for a reason" and "God only closes a door because he's opening a new one" my whole life. I do pretty much believe it. I simultaneously believe that and the one in my sig (really hard to explain.) I knew going into this previous employer that it would be temporary, whether or not I admitted it. I realized that was not my path immediately after stepping in there, but I needed the money.
    But things do happen for a reason, and the 'Verse works best without obstacles, like me being boneheaded.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, man, that's rough. Up, and then crashing down. Thinking of you. Glad you have some safe places to let it all out.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Brunch was 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 3 slices bacon, and 1 potato worth of hash browns fried in bacon grease and coconut oil.
    My Primal Battle Tome