Page 584 of 621 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586594 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 584

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh! I forgot to mention, I'm trying the no-poo thing again. Going without the baking soda and vinegar this time, as I think that's what fucked my hair up the last time and caused the dandruff. I also think my hair is more amenable to chemical switchovers in transition seasons (spring/ fall), because it's already in transition mode. I last washed my hair Sunday afternoon, and it seems not to have the greasies yet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My hair get so greasy I can't go no-poo. Likes like a took a shower in a vat of oil. I'm working on washing it less with water and shampoo. When I do shampoo, I use a diluted shampoo which works great. I am also using the dry shampoo/conditioner a few times a week. I do like them and they make my fuller which is great for when I straighten it.

Never tried dry shampoos. There are days I could probably use them, but I'm kinda leery of them.
    I've been using Yes to Carrots recently, and slowly tapering it down. Hopefully, my hair won't freak at not getting it at all.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've been using Jason's biotin enriched shampoo and conditioner. Really has helped my hair immensely. I still dilute the shampoo but my hair seems a lot healthier than it has in recent history.

Lunch: Arby's roast beast w/ Swiss "cheese" (pasteurized processed white crap), curly fries, Arby's sauce, agua. I keep forgetting I hafta specifiy real cheese at Arby's if I want it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    In case NK isn't the only one looking for it:
    I just made this today and it is so so good. Dairy free, gluten free, no added sugar. I made it in an 8x8 pan and I had to cook it at 375 for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick came out clean.

http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/06/caveman-custard/

Do you miss puddings and custards in your primal world? We have a local egg custard here known as “Flan” and for some weird reason, I have been craving it. Here is a custard recipe that I have been putting together. I finally got the proportions perfectly where I like them. If you like yours sweeter, all you need to do is add more bananas! This recipe is about as simple as it gets.

Ingredients:
    - 2 bananas
    - 1 can coconut milk
    - 3 eggs
    - Cinnamon

Directions:
    1. Combine all ingredients except for cinnamon in a mixer and mix well.
    2. Pour into custard or souffle cups (coffee cups or other oven safe containers work fine if you don’t have custard cups).
    3. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
    4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approx 45 minutes. Custard will balloon a bit and you may see some liquid… its ok, it will work itself out.
    5. Chill.
    6. Serve and enjoy.

This makes a tasty treat! Careful though… it is easy to overeat lol.
    Found it here: Super simple coconut banana custard (no dairy, grains, or added sugar) [Archive] - ClothDiaperNation
    So. Describe this pecan stuff again?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    The lady at Arby's, after NK and I placed our orders: y'all have something against bread?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I think today's blog post may especially speak to some of the ladies here. It's on body love and camouflaging what you don't love yet.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    So. Describe this pecan stuff again?
    Mix pecan flour and butter together. Press into bottom and sides of ramekins like a cheesecake crust. Pour in flan recipe, follow baking instruction above. 5 min before it's done, remove from the oven and top with whole pecans. Drizzle the whole shebang with honey (prevents pecans from burning) and finish cooking.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I've also idly had manic, suicidal, and risk taking thoughts (running a red light with heavy traffic flow, wanting to spend all my money on a shopping spree for crap I don't need, having to physically restrain myself to keep from punching someone, that sort of thing.) I recognize them for what they are, so I don't act on them, bu that's def not a good sign. I know it's related to the stress at work.
    Last week I contemplated stepping out of my car at 60 mph just to see what it would be like... how long I could stay on my feet. You can probably guess that I didn't do it... I know the feeling all too well. Anxiety sucks ass. I hope things at work get better for you. Hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    The lady at Arby's, after NK and I placed our orders: y'all have something against bread?
    What did you tell her?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)