Page 583 of 621 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 583

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yep. We did, at the house. He rarely eats lunch, so even if it's at the house, I take him up on the offer.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Ah, ok. Makes sense now.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Today's Blawg post, mostly about "fuck the trends if you don't like them."
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Last night's dinner was more curry, with half a naan and part of a loaf of homemade ciabatta bread. My body rapidly let me know that was an unwelcome poison with inflammation. It finally got so bad that I hit an Aleve and a muscle relaxer before passing out on the couch with the heating pad. I'm going to keep that memory in the top mental file for whenever I think "just a slice won't hurt." Gods, I sound like a drug addict.
    So, with the muscle relaxer, I slept like the dead, so much so I forgot to plug my phone in and missed my alarm. Woke up 40 min late and still got to work on time (barely.) Was woken up when the shithead dog next door started barking out of boredom. I swear to god, that thing's a candidate for doggy daycare. They refuse to discipline or train it at all, and just leave it in the barren backyard with no toys all day while they're at work. No wonder it barks incessantly through the gate. I still hate the fucking thing, though. I've thought more than once about it "accidentally" getting trick or treat chocolate on Halloween.
    Work is still really fucking slow and boring. I brought my story to work to work on. It'll just look like a report or something. I may also start pulling together my SERs to be able to apply for the spring P&P exam.
    I got new bootses yesterday. Black suede Minnetonka ankle high, with fringe at the ankle. I love them. I need to see how I can plane down the sole or get rid of the heel. 0.2" sole with a 1/2" heel. Not bad, for a flat boot, but these are so damn comfortable, I want to make them more minimalist.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Still on for lunch?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Yep. Still on for the aforementioned place?
    My Primal Battle Tome

I don't know how it does it, but the muscle relaxer actually acts as an anti anxiety and antidepressant for me as well. I'm back to an even keel (well, as even as I'll get in this job situation.) I'd like to take them more often for those properties, but three things hold me back on it: they act as knockout pills for me, I only have half a bottle left and I try to save them for when I'm REALLY in pain, and I'm afraid I might get addicted to them. I wonder how it has that effect on my mood, though. Am I actually in constant pain but subconsciously ignore it, thus making me bitchy?
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    What about cutting the muscle relaxer in half? Would that do anything for you?

It still works, but I'm still dopey, it doesn't kill the pain quite as well, and I'm still afraid of getting addicted to it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Makes sense. We need to find some kind of happy medium for the both of us.