Page 579 of 621 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581589 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 579

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Last night's dinner was more primalfredo, using up the last of the spag squash.
    I ended up being 15 min late to work, because of the weather. I even left 15 min early, in the hopes of skirting the problem areas and making up some work. Mother Nature saw my plans, laughed, and rained harder.
    I probably should've eaten breakfast today. Oh well. Lunch today is leftover meatza, but that doesn't sound particularly appetizing.
    Tonight is Science! With Food! night, but that's if I can make it to Midland.
    Honestly, the waether has me worried. I should probably see what the 100 year flood rainfall is.
    I-20 service roads do not exist. FYI.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    what happened?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Because these people don't want tags on the parts where the tooler puts the tags, I hafta erase those tags and tell it where to put the real tags on the part. The nester has an option to allow for auto tooling. That was left checked under the impression it worked within the toolnig parameters I set in the part tooling. Instead, it double tools it, essentially ruining the part if it is cut. Once I found out about that, I've been working without the auto tooling in the nester, just part tooling. They called up an old file to run from when I was still trying to figure that out, and then I got reamed because it didn't work.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    what happened?
    You asking about the service road or NK's job? LOL

So much water, you can't tell the difference between road, grass, and parking lots. The rain has lightened up since then, so a little may have drained.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Wow. What jerks. I really hope you can find something better soon, or at least the immediate situation resolves quickly. I know it took some time for you to find this gig =\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I think I know why my boss's condemnation of me bothers me so much. It effectively translated to "we want it perfect, first time ,every time, no learning curve." That's the same shit I was taught growing up: "be perfect all the time, or else." That's part of the shit I've been trying to undo for the past decade. That's part of the monster I fight every minute of every day. I finally accepted that I can't be completely perfect a few months ago, and these assholes are trying to undo it (<strikethrough>albeit unknowingly.</strikethrough>) I will not stand for so much hard work to be undone because some jackass is having a power trip. He can go to hell, and take his ego with him.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Geesh. I have no idea what any of what you said meant, but it doesn't sound very serious - at least not serious enough that I would think it would warrant firing, especially since you're so new and the programming is new to you. Jerks. I hope you find a new job soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I can kinda see their point of view (rationalization is here to bite me in the ass): if that job had actually run on the laser, it would've been a total loss of not just a night of laser time, but 25 sheets of metal to boot.
    My blog posts for the day are up.
    I've hit the "don't give a fuck, it''s Friday" wall. Honestly contemplating using weather conditions as an excuse to bail early. Most likely won't, but this has been one fucked up day.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Haha I'm tempted to use the weather as an excuse too, except this is not unusual weather for us. It's just that I hate riding in the rain on my scooter
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It took me an hour to get into work (instead of 15 min) because of hazardous streets (i.e ones that'd stall or float the car) EVERYWHERE. Who the hell build a roadway along a draw? Seriously, it's almost as bad as not putting in a drainage syst.. oh wait,they didn't do that either. Major intersections that flood at the sight of clouds. Major roadways that flood because some dumbass built it by a playa. Highway intersections that drain as well as my cast iron skillet.
    I want cake. And cookies. Or pumpkin baked goodness. Or choclatey pumpkin baked goodness. Looks like I'm making pumpkin swirl valentino loaf tonight. (Will the loaf cook right? We'll find out.) I want warm and homey and comforting, because this job is more full of shit than me (and I'm still constipated.)
    My Primal Battle Tome