Page 567 of 621 FirstFirst ... 67467517557565566567568569577617 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 567

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm really trying to get back on track. 2 days of true primal and counting, with the addition of corn chips because the restaurant was out of chicharrones.
    Which restaurant keeps chicharrones?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mamasita's, here in Odessa. They usually bring them out with the chips and salsa. Whatever they fry in is Naiad friendly, too, so I love that damn place.
    Ok, so I flopped last night because Father in Law had oatmeal raisin cookies (an old vice.)
    I went into the new old doc today, fasting because I knew they needed bloodwork. She was able to wrangle (she thinks, I hope) a way that my insurance would pay for a VAP test, a D3 test, the full thyroid test, and a complete work up, so I got all of those. This added up to 5 vials of blood, which is NOT my friend when I'm fasting (tiny body, distaste of needles that once bordered on being a phobia, low blood pressure.) I nearly hit the deck, and then they called for a soda for me. I managed to convince them that water was a better idea.
    I'm curious to see how things come out. Apparently, I lost 5 lb since March, according to their scale, without really trying. (My apologies to y'all trying to lose weight, this is not meant to be bragging.) That's actually kinda worrying, because it may mean I'm going hyperthyroid and need to lower my levothyroxine dose. (Maybe, just maybe, I can get off it? Maybe? Eventually?) I want to see all my levels, esp my D3, just out of curiosity.
    I have half a primal German pancake in the fridge, I'll probably attack that for lunch, maybe throw some lunchmeat and lettuce on top.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Y'know what works well as a pre-made pizza crust or sandwich bread? German pancakes. I shit you not, this stuff works perfectly. Thick enough to hold together, sturdy enough to be hand held, pretty damn fatty without being greasy, and, miracle of miracles, not too overly eggy for those uses.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today's blog post: Hulking Out. Mostly me bitching about and offering a few tips on being broad shouldered and having muscular upper arms.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Starting a new template for posting to help me track various things and see what might be helping/ hindering progress, as well as tracking possible side effects of a new birth control I start Sunday.
    Pain

Neck/ shoulder still hurt, less than yesterday. No longer a constant pain, only if I move in directions that stretch that muscle. New/ old pillow seems to still be doing better than the buckwheat pillow again in helping that. No other noted pain.
    Sleep
    Slept hard last night. No waking, no tossing and turning, and was out like a light. Alarm was set for an hour early so I could make up time at work, my body let me know that I needed that extra hour, so I went back to sleep. Perhaps yardwork yesterday evening helped with that.
    Mood
    Was in a very minor wreck this morning (all we did was trade dust on the bumpers.) First thing I did was panic and then calmed down within half an hour. This is good, normally it would've sent my whole day into a tizzy. Work is hectic, but tolerable, just had to get my list going and keep it updated. I find I need a daily list of shit that needs done, even if I have everything in a pile, just to make my brain quit yammering in alert mode and keep my ADD under control. Not snappy at boss or coworkers either, which is an even better sign. Mostly positive mood, almost happy, better than the usual just existing. Not really worrying over things or borrowing trouble, which is common when I start slipping back to what I once did.
    Digestion/Other TMI
    I've been pissing like a racehorse these past few days, probably still clearing bloat from my month of cheating and being sick. It's all the right color, so I'm not concerned. I've also noted that my other elimination has changed patterns to wanting to go within an hour or so after food and my morning coffee. Dunno what's causing that, but I'm led to understand that's how a healthy GI tract works, so I'm happy with that. I've also recently started with the morning coffee, so I wonder what effect that may have playing in regulating my GI tract. The red spot happens next week, according to my pill pack, but it's too early for any of my warning symptoms to be showing up. We'll see how bad this one is.
    Food
    Today I've only had coffee (skinny Fourbucks, they misunderstood sugarfree and I didn't bother going back to get it fixed.) Lunch will be Owner's chili (eating around the beans, thankyouverymuch,) and string cheese. No clue on dinner yet.
    Exercise
    I need to help Geek fix another screen the dog tore up so we can let her off the tether, finish laundry, and clean my floors and kitchen. That's plenty of moving slowly. I need to get back to lifting heavy stuff, we'll see how I feel after getting the housework done. I ran out of spoons really early yesterday; yardwork took it out of me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I physically feel better since I stopped taking the pill. No more odd aches and pains. What exactly is a German pancake?
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I physically feel better since I stopped taking the pill. No more odd aches and pains. What exactly is a German pancake?
    At the moment, since I have yet to have children and have a small build, but do intend on eventually spawning, BC is our best option (an IUD is generally recommended for after a woman has had at least one child, especially if the woman has a small build.) I've had no major issues with BC, but I'm starting to develop MAJOR breast tenderness midcycle and some other, more personal side effects as well. Hoping switching BC works to remove those issues.
    A german pancake is a relative of a souffle. I have a vague recipe for it on fb.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I had a friend who used a buckwheat pillow. My chiropractor asid it's better to use none at all if you're sleeping on your back. I keep a pillow over my face haha, I don't know why it's comfortable.

Since my first day at this job, I have kept a To Do list. I have them all saved in a folder on my computer. I make a new one for every week. They're super useful for end of week/year reports, as well as the day-to-day stuff. I forget things otherwise.

I think you are right about the healthy GI tract, but I wonder about the potential stimulant factor of the coffee. It's supposed to take more than 24 hrs for you to properly digest a meal, so if coffee makes you need to "go", it might be evacuating your system too quickly.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I tend to sleep on my side, so the pillow helps.
    I learned back in college, the first place I had to bother with time management, that lists are my friend. Especially on days like today where it's in constant flux and I'm being pulled 6 ways from Sunday.
    With the coffee, it appears that it's helping clear house from the previous day, since I don't eat food with it. The exit has the right consistency and no noticeable undigested food, so I'm not concerned.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Lucky gal
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).