Page 566 of 621 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576616 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 566

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today's blog post on materials and fabric quality.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, good news and WTF news.
    I am getting paid for Labor Day which is good. The bad news is that somehow, my paycheck came out to be for half what it should have been (my salary is x, making my gross weekly x/52, and I got paid a gross of x/104.) Something stinks and I'm hoping it's the bank that fucked up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

How peculiar. I think even this area is going to have a relatively fierce winter. The dog's fur is growing in pretty thick for a Lab.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The dogs fur have been coming in really thick as well. Been seeing dark, wooly catepillars around and spiders are milling in the houses. I do have to say, I welcome a hard winter this year. We need it.

I love the fashion blog. Truly awesome stuff!
    Georgette

Thanks! I try to keep it accessible and offer tips on cheapassery whenever I think of it.
    No wooly caterpillers down here that I've seen, but the geese have flown south early and even the grackles left town for more southerly climates early. The pigeons seem to be fluffier and the squirrels seem to be hiding a LOT more nuts this years. The downhill temp slide has also already started here, which is what scares me most. It usually doesn't happen until a couple-few weeks from now.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed the squirrels hiding more nuts as well. Nights are already cooler than usual, getting into the mid-50's and one night high 40's for lows. Birds are heading south already. My sister up the street keeps finding Wolf spiders in her house on an almost daily basis. Today's high will be 83 but tomorrow we are back in the mid 70's for highs and then low 70's for the weekend. The leaves have been changing colors for about a month now. Dull, but changing. I think we're in for a harsh winter.
    Georgette

I can only hope. We need some to kill off the bugs and I wouldn't mind being able to use the fireplace more. We'll see how many snow days Niece gets.
    My Primal Battle Tome

By the way, the Cheapass went to a real clothing shop, not just the thrift store, and actually bought something!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    By the way, the Cheapass went to a real clothing shop, not just the thrift store, and actually bought something!
    *faints*
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I'm really trying to get back on track. 2 days of true primal and counting, with the addition of corn chips because the restaurant was out of chicharrones.
    My Primal Battle Tome