Page 562 of 621 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564572612 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 562

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    water imbalance. watch it skyrocket over the next few days love
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Well, yes and no. Usually, my body has mini set points at 126, 124, and 122, where, if I can get it there, it'll happily hang out there until I do something to convince it otherwise. so I'll probably stick with pure primal and see if that theory holds true.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

How's the pesticide air treating you?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Odessa hasn't done it yet. I'm hoping they don't get that brilliant idea, either. My folks in Dallas, I'm sure are hacking up a lung.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I have a friend in Dallas who is up in arms about this. She's got an organic garden that is now no longer organic. And she's a runner who was supposed to run something like 14 miles or something this morning and last I knew was looking for an alternate location to run.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    And now for today's WTF moment: I've been trying to stick to primal as much as possible since going back to work. Been stuck in the high to mid 120s. I eat a few mini-emperor (Little Caesar's) breadsticks last night before a purely primal spag dinner. This morning my weight has plummeted down to 122.0 from 126.8 yesterday.
    WTF?!
    Just enjoy!

Spag is great, isn't the same without some crusty bread.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    FYI, there's a book called The Thyroid Alternative free on kindle at this moment. No idea how good or bad it is.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    FYI, there's a book called The Thyroid Alternative free on kindle at this moment. No idea how good or bad it is.
    Thanks! Downloaded it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

At this point, I've read most of the thyroid specific books and probably hundreds of websites on it. I'm to the point now that it's minor tweaks, not major changes. Editing things purely for my body and n=1 experimentation because I seem to be past the point for major changes.
    By the way, zukesagna is not crockpot friendly unless you want lasagna stoup.
    Migraine tonight without cottonseed or soybean oil. I did have sour dough, but it has not caused that problem before. No known cause and the usual cures of benadryl, aleve, digestive enzymes, caffeine and my migraine meds only made it die down to a dull roar. There was sugarfree syrup in the caffeine, which I have not had in that quantity before, so that is a possible culprit. Or, it could just be a rare causeless migraine.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I... I think I fixed my body. (Well, as fixed as it'll get with a busted thyroid.) I still hafta take a handful of supplements each morning, but I'm finally me again.
    Depression gone? What depression? I'm smiling, happy, no unwelcome thoughts, no gremlins trying to take over my brain.
    Energy? More than I know what to do with. My house is fairly spotless, my lab is clean, my lab closet and clothes closet are clean and organized, I'm blowing them away at my job, I have enough energy to burn some exercising and then wonder where to burn that energy and I can't. sit. still. I feel like a 9 year old back in elementary school again.
    Mental clarity? Fog's gone, ADD seems dormant, depression clouds are gone, the monster in the cage is quiet and, above all, I can concentrate on only one task at a time, which is HUGE for me.
    Body? I've come to grips with myself. I'm not quite to where I want to be in terms of looking good nekkid, but I'm pretty damn happy and proud of the body I do have.
    Eyes? Still as fucked as ever, I don't think Primal will touch that. I'm cool with that. Bad eyes are so much a part of me that "cured" eyes would nearly be an anathema.
    Anxiety/ PTSD? Dormant, that I can tell. I still don't like talking to strangers, but I can hold down a polite conversation without hyperventilating. I proved it by talking with an older gentleman at Fourbucks yesterday. My PTSD appears dormant unless triggered by the ones I'll never be able to control (if you teach a dog to fear an upraised hand or loud voice, it will always fear the upraised hand and angry voice.)
    Migraines? Gone. I get the occasional "Hey DUMBASS, don't eat that" ones, when I miseat, but that's about it. Beats having one every week or every day.
    Clumsiness? I'm still kutzy, but I've gotten damn near ninja like in some of my responses to the klutziness (i.e. snatching a plate out of midair if I drop it, turning a stumble into a big step.)
    Patience? More than I had, but it was never a strong point.
    People tolerance? Infinitely better than it was, but I'd much prefer they stay the hell out of my way. I can tolerate a crowd without needing to GTFO NOW!, which is a huge improvement. Stupid people still try what little patience I have, but now it's almost good natured, as opposed to "shutupSHUTupfertheloveofnothingholySHUTUP!"

I'm not sure what supplement pushed it over the edge, but I think I fixed my body. I would say I'm in shock, but I'm closer to flabbergasted. I've been trying since mid college to fix it. It's been 8 years of trying to figure out what the hell's wrong with me and docs saying "that's normal, get used to it." 8 years of trying anything with a modicum of science or sense behind it. * years of "fuck it, worth a shot."
    What say you? Should I finally write my success story?
    My Primal Battle Tome