Page 56 of 621 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 56

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In Dallas. Woo...
    I was actually rather proud of myself last night. I ate what I mentioned above while my husband snarfed my favorite pizza from Papa John's. I ignored it, ate my dinner, and didn't eat any of his. Oh man, I'm proud of myself.
    Food: 2 0z muenster cheese, 4 small strawberries, 1/2 c blueberries, 2 oz cojack cheese, 2 slices bacon at about 1530. May get dinner soon.
    Stress level is still fairly minimal, even after slow drivers and Dallas traffic. It needs to stay that way.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

OneHotMama is offline Member
    I've read through half your journal looking, but now I'm just being lazy.

How do you make your whipped heaven?

Your food always sounds delish!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    In Dallas. Woo...
    I was actually rather proud of myself last night. I ate what I mentioned above while my husband snarfed my favorite pizza from Papa John's. I ignored it, ate my dinner, and didn't eat any of his. Oh man, I'm proud of myself.
    Food: 2 0z muenster cheese, 4 small strawberries, 1/2 c blueberries, 2 oz cojack cheese, 2 slices bacon at about 1530. May get dinner soon.
    Stress level is still fairly minimal, even after slow drivers and Dallas traffic. It needs to stay that way.
    I'm very proud of you too, Naiad <3
    Keep breathing in, and breathing out. You're doing great!

Dinner last night was abt 1 oz pepper beef jerkey (sugar, soy), 1 oz raw raisins, cashews, and almonds (no additives, just that), and pork skins w/ salsa. Can you say gas station food?
    Lunch today was a chipotle "salad": beef, salsas, guac, lettuce, cheese.
    I'm staying pretty primal.
    Stress went through the roof a couple times in traffic. My car's invisible and crossing 2 lanes in a quarter of a mile is evil. Stupid people tricks. Oh well, I'm feeling better now. Going to go back out and brave it again in a few minutes for the ultimate in stress inducing: driving to my folks place; spending several hours with a zombie mother and an old harpy for whom nothing is ever right; and then driving back. Not only can I do this, I can do this without freaking out and wandering into the backyard. And actually hold down a conversation with my grandmother without ripping her head off. Alright, that last one may be a bit much to ask, but I can at least try and top my record of 15 minutes talking to her and not wanting to carve her up like a Christmas Turkey.....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

"Sit back and enjoy the movie..."

(Advice from my Sensei in Japan....it might help)

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Welcome to big D. I could have sobbed yesterday in traffic myself. It was particularly bad...

I want to sprint, too, but I'm wildly tired right now. Give me a call if you get the chance!

-写
    Little Saiyan

Walked all over the Allen outlet and Collin Creek Mall, ate pork roast and grilled roasted new potatoes for dinner. Plans to hang out with ikaika tomorrow. We'll see.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hope the two of you can figure out a way to do that!

Just got back from hanging out with ikaika. I had fun. We went to Cafe Brazil (Breakfast relleno: poblano stuffed with chorizo con huevos, topped with cheese and what I think was a bechamel sauce (oops, minor amount wheat...), with oven fried (in butter) sweet potato on the side. I managed to palm off some of my clothes on her, so she has new clothes. She's a fun person. I really enjoyed her company.
    Last night was... interesting. Not as stress inducing as I thought it'd be. Managed to hold down a decent conversation (about half an hour- 45 min, I think) with my grandmother without wanting to throttle her and I actually somewhat enjoyed it. Found out stuff that I'd wanted to know, but was never patient enough with her complaining to find out. I think her complaining is more her way of trying to get feedback on her opinions and her issues. Not the best way to do it, but it's her life. She's definitely on the way out, my mother has it pegged a no more than another month and a half, and I'd agree with that. I think the last bit of news she got about the cancer really took the wind out of her sails and she's hanging on more perfunctorily rather than the passion for life she had. I can tell she's wearing REALLY thin on my parents (my father, master chef, cannot cook anything right in her eyes and my mother has to hear her bitch about every little thing my grandmother's body/ mind does(n't) do. EVERYTHING.) I think, given the funds, they'd put her in a home, but by the time they scraped up the cash and filled out the paperwork, she'd be finished. I do love the woman, but I realize that one of the reasons I never particularly liked her as a person is that I can see a LOT of my more negative personality traits in her. You know, the personality traits I'm trying to edit and get rid of. I can tell my mother's beating herself up over not being able to do more for my grandmother and really has no one to turn to (for whatever reason, she won't talk emotion to my father.) I can see it taking it's toll on her. I can see my grandmother's constant harping is eating at my father (she never really thought him a suitable husband for my mother and complains about everything he does and doesn't do.) I can see what it's doing to him. As much as I love my grandmother, I really think this is a case for that famous Japanese boy band: Youth in Asia. I think everyone thinks that except my grandmother, and she may just not want to vocalize it. I managed to convince my mother to find ways to get it off her chest, and I stood as a sounding board for my father, but that they have to handle this on their own when my mother has 2 siblings who aren't doing squat to help is ridiculous. Back to Saturday.... There were a couple times, especially when she was being really needy ("Where's the ice? Oh, that's too much food, put some of it back. Want to change my bandages? I want to show you my tumor.") that I damn near turned on my heel and left the room. I can feel some of the stress in my shoulders from hunching them up, but that's slowly going away now. I actually feel strangely peaceful now. More so than I have in quite a while. I don't know what long standing issue got resolved, but I think it had to do with making (as much as I can) peace with my grandmother and finally being able to see her and my mother as real people with real lives. I think I took a giant leap forward last night without realizing it.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-05-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHotMama View Post
    I've read through half your journal looking, but now I'm just being lazy.

How do you make your whipped heaven?

Your food always sounds delish!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Whipped-Heaven

I like the cream cheese version.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.