Page 559 of 621 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 559

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have more bacon grease than I'm able to use right now. I have a peanut butter jar full, and about half of a ghee jar full (the ghee jar is 13 oz, I believe). The peanut butter jar is the big one, but not the REALLY big one - prolly 30 or 40 oz or somewheres around there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    *does not compute* You've never.... Oh. Scotland. Right. It's really good, I prefer using bacon grease for this far and away over just about any other fat, except maybe butter or chorizo grease. It adds enough bacon flavor to the white to make them taste bacony, not meringuey.
    Yeh, Scotland....sorry. We are a little behind you guys. Im using a wooden keyboard right now powered by a hamster in a wheel.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    So a new one should be good for what, 6 months?
    Actually, thanks to wanting to try new tips and tricks from Pinterest, my house is cleaner and has stayed cleaner longer than it has been in quite a while. There's a shower cleaner and a way to get gunk out of the carpet that I'm wanting to try next, maybe tonight. I need to vacuum my lab tonight, too, after I put away the book pile, because there's actually a floor right now.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Actually, thanks to wanting to try new tips and tricks from Pinterest, my house is cleaner and has stayed cleaner longer than it has been in quite a while. There's a shower cleaner and a way to get gunk out of the carpet that I'm wanting to try next, maybe tonight. I need to vacuum my lab tonight, too, after I put away the book pile, because there's actually a floor right now.
    Lies, all lies. Pinterest does not improve productivity in ANYTHING.

...Are those tips pinned on your page now?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Yeh, Scotland....sorry. We are a little behind you guys. Im using a wooden keyboard right now powered by a hamster in a wheel.

Richard
    Nah, it wasn't meant like that. I'm from Texas, so everybody and their dog has had bacon grease eggs. That's how it's been done, traditionally, for many years here. Frying eggs in olive oil here is considered "health food" and everyone wonders what diet you're on. Fry those same eggs in animal or dairy fat and it's all good. Southern cooking at its finest.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lies, all lies. Pinterest does not improve productivity in ANYTHING.

...Are those tips pinned on your page now?
    I know one is, I'll hafta check for the other one.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nah, it wasn't meant like that. I'm from Texas, so everybody and their dog has had bacon grease eggs. That's how it's been done, traditionally, for many years here. Frying eggs in olive oil here is considered "health food" and everyone wonders what diet you're on. Fry those same eggs in animal or dairy fat and it's all good. Southern cooking at its finest.
    It's conservation! You cook the bacon, then you cook the eggs in the grease from the bacon.

...you...you don't eat bacon with your eggs every flippin' time? You ain't from around here...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

It's conservation! You cook the bacon, then you cook the eggs in the grease from the bacon.

...you...you don't eat bacon with your eggs every flippin' time? You ain't from around here...
    Hey, there are times I don't eat them with bacon. Occasionally it's chorizo or sausage. Pass me that salsa, wouldja?
    My Primal Battle Tome

I was going to say, or sausage or chorizo, but I got distracted.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Ok, both cleaning agents should be pinned.
    My Primal Battle Tome