Page 557 of 621 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559567607 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 557

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lunch: Even more chili.
    Listening to my coworkers talk about health stuff just makes me cringe. They're so farking CW, it's not even funny, to the point of being caricatures. They all want to lose weight. While I applaud their lunch efforts, I would love it even more to see them put a dressing on those salads, or an avocado, or nuts. They brought up that stupid study about eggs and cigarettes and they all hopped on that bandwagon, poo- pooing the yolks and fats and all that good stuff. I've tried bringing up little tidbits of knowledge about fats being good and VAP tests, only to see it get glossed over because I'm tiny and young and naturally thin (they haven't said as much, but that's usually the reason. How else can someone eat all the fat I do and not get fat?)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

A leprechaun is what I always thought you were. o_0
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Nah. Leprechauns are rich. I'm broke. Like my name suggests, I'm a naiad, which makes me a fish outta water in this desert.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I don't talk weight worries here very often, mostly because I know my loyal followers tend to go "Wah, you can't get down past a nearly ideal weight for your height." If that's you, go somewhere else for the moment, because its time to address the oliphaunt in the room.
    It still bugs me that my weight hovers in the mid 120s. Part of that is a mental block I need to rip down. In college I struggled to get above 120 lb, so knowing I can't get back down to the 110s without more effort than should be put into it stings. I know I look good in the low to mid 120s. I've built muscle since leaving college and finally developed tits worth talking about. I've lost inches and developed that hourglass figure I knew would have from genetics. I'm finally finished developing, so of course there's some extra weight with that. There's still a mental block about the arbitrary number on the scale. It needs to go down.
    I'm not berating myself or the scale or my diet. I've come to peace with the scale, mostly in the form of resignation. I'm at a healthy weight for my height and frame. I look good like this. That number still needs to go down.
    If I could find a photo of myself from around college graduation, I could probably write myself up as a success story and submit it for the blog. I don't know that I'll ever consider myself a true success story though. Not so long as my thyroid is still screwy, not so long as my belly pooches out (even if it's supposed to,) not so long as I can find something to tweak and make myself even better. Besides, that number still needs to go down.
    No, I'm not aiming to be a supermodel. I want to look like me, but better. With the way I'm built, the supermodel look is not for me. I'm too athletic for that. I don't want raviolis on my stomach or washboard abs, but flatter and less flubber wouldn't be a bad thing. I like that I have muscle and a functional body (even with a fucked up thyroid,) and if I hafta stay at this shape to keep that muscle, I consider a fair trade off. I still wouldn't mind seeing that number go down.
    There was a point in my life where I honestly didn't care what that number was. I loved my body. Then I got up to the mid 130s and had a doc tell me that my weight was getting close to overweight and I might want to watch what I was eating. I started doing research and trying to get back to a healthy weight. The perfectionist in me wanted to get back to that edging on underweight I once was. That was healthy because my body was happy at that weight for a long time. I never became obsessed with the number, but it did gain a residence in my mind that it never had before. The constant weight hawking on this forum didn't help me, which is why I bowed out of some of the journals I once followed. It is also why I'm conspicuously absent in weight threads and weight parts of the journals, except to congratulate my peeps. It made me want that number to go down.
    I want to kick weight out of its home. I want to serve it a permanent eviction notice and go back to the objective view I once had on it. Then maybe I won't want that number to go down.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think we all struggle with some aspect of weight, regardless of our actual weight, goals, and what the charts say. I don't think there's any reason you should feel like your desires are any less adequate than mine simply b/c you're smaller. That's not fair. However, I do think that holding onto a weight that we once occupied back in the day might be a bit of a drag on our current situation. For me, I want to reach 140 something fierce b/c that's where I was immediately following Army Basic Training... I'm fixated on it, as you seem to be fixated. It's hard to remove that number from our heads, so I hope the scale moves for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Agreed on Jenn's thoughts. I was convinced I needed to get back to high-school/college weight when I started this, but now I'm realizing I'd much rather be fit, and screw weight. I'm estimating I'd like about 10 lbs of muscle based on the activities and physiques I've seen for paleo "athletes" at my height, but really it's arbitrary.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    The WeighTrainer - Maximum Drug-Free Bodybuilding Potential Calculator

The WeighTrainer - Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator

what does this say?

it seems rational for my numbers

i just posted a similar discussion on the before and after picture page.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Hey just stopping in. I did laugh at your chat about co-workers. Some people wont listen to you when you look thinner than them. Just tell yourself that if you manage to get through to even one of them you could have changed their life forever.

With regards weight. I can sympathise but for different reasons. At school I was the really fit but skinny kid. I left school weighing about 161 at a height of about 6'1. My lack of size cost me a scotland cap at rugby. I fought hard and eventually got up to 210lbs and about 9-10% bodyfat. I had to eat tonnes to leep weight on and fell out of love with foods like tuna and chicken and eggs (force feeding is not fun). It was probably undiagnosed reverse anorexia (or something like that). I was obsessed. I wanted to be about 220-230 but I stopped before real obsession took over.

I am now about 6'1 200lbs and 9%bf. I would like a couple more pounds on me. I wasnt eating primal back then as opposed to now which is paleo dairy. I found out I am essentially wheat intolerant so was literally poisoning myself everyday before. Even though I would happily put on some good weight its not something I force now. Before I was obsessed, now I prioritise my family. There are days where I train my step daughter and dont have time to train myself. I will put a walk with the dogs and my wife before anything. Family is what it is all about.

With regards scale watching for others. In the gym I worked in I had a client that I had been working with who generally wanted improved fitness, while getting help improving her tennis/badminton (depending on the season). I used sports specific movements as well as very basic stuff that I knew would work and improve her on and off the courts. She came to me one morning and said she had weighed herself for the first time in a few months and she was 1.2Kg's heavier (about 2.64lbs in your money).

She had not been happy about this at all as she thought she was making progress. That morning she had also decided to be brave,a nd successfully managed to get into a suit that she hadnt worn/fitted into in years. She was confused, but realised that her new healthy living had shrunk her waist and had toned up her muscles. They were nopt big and bulky b/c the diet we had put her on would not support such big growth. Insted she had toned her figure up and lost inches from her waist. Her on court performance had gone up, her BMI was down and she was happy.

So it goes to show, dont trust the scale, mirror, tape measure, clothes fitting and most importantly how you feel inside is what its all about.

Ramble over.

Richard

Quelsen- There's no adjustment for gender. It seems geared solely toward guys, so it's skewed for me.
    Jenn, Nameless- Most of the time, weight doesn't even enter the equation. Most of the time, I'm more concerned with my vanity on the outside (looking good, screw the weight.) I've mostly dismantled weight's house in my brain, but it still has a shack that it uses every once in a while. Notice all the "mostly"s? That number on the scale I want to see has shifted upward (I'd like to be hovering around 120, not 124), but weight still hasn't moved out completely like I'd like it. Slowly, I'm coming to grips with weight not meaning squat. It's just taking time.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    So...make LGN your goal?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly