Page 556 of 621 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 556

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Running a few experiments:
    1) Trying out the whole trace minerals thing. Part of it is as a curiosity, part of it is to hope it cures a few issues I've been having with selenium, headaches, etc.
    2) taking cod liver oil (couldnt' get my hands on fermented at the hippie stores) and seeing if that helps with my teeth.
    3) trying to make pecan crusted paleo fried okra tonight.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What makes you think you're sellenium deficient?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I show mild symptoms, crave selenium rich foods to the point of excluding other foods until that craving is met (eggs, nuts, certain offal), and have hypothyroidism.
    The trace elements seem to be doing something. This is the first work Monday in a long time that I've woken up damn near perky.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was Thai seafood soup with some rice noodles and a double handful of steamed kale added to the bowl.
    Something seems to be working. Energy, almost done with that report I've been procrastinating on (2nd edit left and its done), more energy, and temperature shifts don't seem to bother me as badly. Granted, I'm at my summer setpoint thermostat, so lower than 75 is frigid and 95 with cloudcover is perfect.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on the temperatures!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Dinner tonight is bison/ lamb/ beef chili. I'm interested to see how this one plays out, because I added hatch chilis to this batch, in addition to the standard serranos, habaneros, jalapenos, and a poblano.
    I forgot the chipotle! DAMMIT!
    My Primal Battle Tome

BigChris is offline Senior Member
    Sound yum .. you made enough to share with all of us right :-)

Virtually? Sure I'll post a photo of the red glop and y'all can bask in it's glory.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was awesome. Didn't manage to avoid the poisonous cornbread (wheat, corn, HFCS, and cottonseed oil), but it was tasty anyways. Still had energy to burn after cleaning up dinner, so I did a body weight circuit. STILL have energy to burn, but at least now it's "I'm awake, but I ain't moving". It's Monday, and I have enough energy for 3 people. Hell, it's been 15 hours since I bounced (yes, I bounced) out of bed. I should be dead by now. Cod liver oil or trace minerals, SOMETHING's working.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yesterday: more chili, a salad (field greens, dried cranberries, gorgonzola, chix tit, almonds, cuke, tom, sherry shallot vinaigrette,) and the remnants of a thing of Ben and Jerry's strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
    Today will aos be an (accidental) test of what my meds and supps are doing for me. I forgot to take all but the trace minerals this morning.
    My Primal Battle Tome