Page 554 of 621 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 554

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So, I'm going to Chicago in the near future for training. Any tips on food or people?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I know nothing about Chicago except to avoid buying smokes in Cook County at all costs b/c they're like $3 a pack more... at least, that's how it was in 2008...

Glad the job is going well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Grats on the job Naiad!

Thanks for all the congrats, guys!
    Dinner was cheap t-bones ($2.98/ lb from the meximart) seasoned with dried chipotle, garlic butter, salt, and pepper, and salad of greenleaf lettuce, cuke, tom, caesar dressing, and leftover garlic butter. Then I did a deep cleaning of the 2nd living room, entry, hall, and guest bath (who knew those baseboards were white?) I'm enjoying a sugar free caramel macchiato right now while Geek finished changing my oil.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Breakfast: 2 egg "burrito" with pizza sauce, cheese and nitrate free pepperoni. It's essentially an omelet, flipped completely, spooned over with sauce and goodies, and rolled up like a burrito into a paper towel.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Guess who's getting dirt cheap, organic, free range cow when slaughter time comes? This girl! The owner raises cattle, and said he'd be willing to sell me a side. I'll also be getting tongue and heart free (no one ever wants them), and dirt cheap (if not free) venison when hunting season comes around.
    This company keeps getting better and better.
    My Primal Battle Tome

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    So, I'm going to Chicago in the near future for training. Any tips on food or people?
    Whereabouts in Chicago? In the city or the 'burbs? Congrats on the job, and the awesome hook-up with the free meat. Lucky you!

Elgin, I believe. I'm willing to travel to the city proper, though, for good food. I grew up in Dallas, so traveling for food isn't a foreign idea to me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This chick is jelly about your beef find. Congrats on the job as well. Clint's been to Chicago a few times and he loved it. Liked that a gazillion times better than Vegas.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll be in Chicago Aug 27- 30, for those interested.
    I think I'm running low on Se. AGAIN. I'm already taking the maximum RDA and getting my normal symptoms of needing MOAR: craving eggs and seafood, fatiguing, and feeling like I've got gunk caught in my throat. I think I'll just take care of it with food this time, if I can.
    My Primal Battle Tome