Page 553 of 621 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 553

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OK. That gives you nine days to bust ass and write like crazy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Yay for the job, although I hope you get a raise asap .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    FINALLY getting caught up on journals. Congratulations on the job!! You start today. Please be sure to pop in and let us know how it went. Good luck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    HOLY CROW, these people have HUGE plans for me. As in, eventually damn- near-singlehandedly running the company huge plans. As in, I walk in my first day and get kicked out after setting up my office (my own office that I don't share with anyone or any bathroom) to go to training on a machine I've never seen before in my life (laser cutter for metals, plastics, and such). As in, my boss (2nd in command, just under the owner) wants me to completely overhaul their shipping and receiving department and I was told this my first day about 10 AM. They want to send me out of state for training, as well as several other courses. I walk into this job and received more confidence in my abilities and belief in me on the first day than I got in any of my previous jobs, EVER (well, maybe at the city after 6 months, but I wasn't handed this much because it was a govt bureaucracy.)
    The programming "language" is mostly a GUI conversion from CAD (read: open program, insert drawing, click a few buttons, hit enter a few times, and take it on a flashdrive out to the shop.) Even if I actually hafta program it by hand, it's still a fairly high level language that'd be easy to use.
    Puppy may have distemper, but she seems to be recovering well.
    Everything else is gonig well, just busy.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Wow NK, that sounds good! I hope they'll pay you accordingly .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    NICE!!! Good luck with all that! I got overwhelmed just reading it! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    congrats on the job!!! woohoo!!

Yeah, I got caught up in having a life that's not online again...
    Anyways.
    Puppy appears to be healed. No coughing or anything else. Normal puppy bouncy bouncy. Teething like mad, entering her "terrible twos" phase and trying to get into stuff. At least she's mostly house and "crate" trained now, which is good.
    With Geek going out of town for a few days this week, I'm really trying to straighten up my act, foodwise. I have a killer stoup (too thick to be soup, no starch for it to be a stew) in the crockpot for lunches this week, plus salads. Dinners will be primal too. On with the food pr0n this week!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Happy puppies! good news

How is the new job? Adapting yet?

Should I search your journal for stoup recipes?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The job is a whirlwind, to put it mildly. It's very fast paced, but it's the kind of job for which I live. Once I can get caught up with everything the previous idiot left behind, I'll feel much better.
    Don't bother hunting for stoup recipes, I've never put one up, that I can recall. It's always the same idea: leftover meat, veggies that need to be used up, a can of tomato product, a can of ro-tel, a head of garlic, an onion, and some stock. so long as it's not cruciferous or leafy green it all goes in the pot (in this case, crockpot, for 7 hours). Leafy green and crucuiferous veggies get added later to avoid destroying the entire pot by cooking them in it for 6 hrs. This week's is beef heart, chuck roast, grilled yellow squash, grilled green pepper, grilled onion, onion, carrot, celery, calabaza squash (a relative of a zuke), green beans, and homemade chix stock from last week's roast chix.
    My Primal Battle Tome