Page 551 of 621 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 551

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I still need to lay off on the wheat, but I have a plan.
    I technically have just enough experience to be able to write my SER document (a requirement to be allowed to sit the PE exam.) I also have the books and should be able to learn and scrape together enough cash to take the exam in October, should they accept my SER. New plan: write my SER, get my transcript request form, and get my recommendations for the application to sit the exam.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Hows the bitchslap going?

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    Hows the bitchslap going?
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know. Hopefully things will improve soon, though if you can get your book knocked out that would be great. your PE exam plan sounds like a good one. I wish you luck.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just checking in. I hope things are well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeah, I got busy with life and dropped off the face of the planet for a while.
    Lessee... Still jobless. Hunting, but jobless.
    Finally did the heartbreaking act of returning Pino to the pound. During my trip to Dallas (more on that in a sec), she was muzzled and still managed to break into a valve box and start trying to lick the wires to death. We think she's electrically sensitive, so I told the pound employees as much, as well as certain commands she knew. Hopefully she finds a home better suited for her.
    I had to make a madcap run to Dallas last week, putting me in a very tight spot financially yesterday (bill day.) MY grandfather was cleaning uot a lot of my grandmother's stuff and we were all told "Com get it or it's gone soon.) So, since I'm still unemployed, I hauled ass to Dallas, spent a week as an emotional train wreck due to memories and staying at Mom and Dad's, and came back with a car load of crap and a 6" tall stack of unlabeled photos to parse.
    After we got rid of Pino and cleaned up the backyard, we went out dog hunting. At the Odessa pound, we found Kasumi (nicknamed Kat, named after a character in Ranma.) She's a black lab mix with a white splotch on her chest and her back toes. She's still a puppy (I'm guessing 12 weeks or so.) She goes to the vet here in a bit for her first shots and a check up. She's very docile and calm, almost catlike in some respects.
    Book and tutoring are on hiatus. Book because the puppy's keeping me busy and we're trying to get her trained and house trained (she already mostly fetches and we've had her not even 48 hrs.) Tutoring because kiddo's family is going through some drama.
    The PE plan is still ongoing, but slowed up by the aforementioned puppy.
    Trying to help my youngest sister hatch a plan to come out of the closet to mom (she 70% female, 30% male bisexual.) That and wrangling how we'll deal with middle sister when she gets out are bringing us closer together than ever.
    Yep, life's been busy, and primal's been mostly successful even in spite of all the changes.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear your update. We were a little worried. Have fun with the new puppy.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    That is sad about Pino.

What are you thinking is the best way for your sister to come out of the closet? That is a tough one.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    So sorry about Idiot Dog, but you sure tried your darndest. We got a dog from the pound once that just peed everywhere. We finally had to give up too. I'm sure your new little one will work out great.

Thinking of you. I'm back. Crazy few months -- THE GOOD, THE BAD, and THE UGLY!!!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i still love ya
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

<Arnold voice> Heyheyhey!</Arnold voice>

It looks like I have a job offer coming! I went in this morning for a drafter position interview here in town for my bare minimum wage I can survive on. I walked out with them talking about not only hiring me, but raising the pay by 1/3 again what the original pay was supposed to be and making it a somewhat more advanced position from what was originally described.
    Puppy training is going well. She's spending the day outside because she had diarrhea in her box last night and I'm not cleaning that up. She already knows "fetch," "here," her name, "tug" and not to leave the yard if the gate is open.
    I was sad to give up Pino, but Kasumi is so much better a fit for us and it gives Pino a chance at a life without pain/ irritation due to electricity.
    As to my sister... We're still wrangling that. My mother is of the opinion that gay people are great and can have all the rights they want, so long as it doesn't touch her family. My father and other relatives (possible exception being a couple grandparents) really won't care. She wants to wait and see if she can even find a girl she's willing to get serious about before uprooting my mother from her comfy barge in a river in Egypt. I'm telling her that Mom would most likely react better if given time to get used to the idea before she brings a chick home. Either way, I let her know she had my backing and to give me notice before she actually did it. I think she's angling to do it after Mom is recovers from her surgery and is back at work, so mom has a better chance to think more clearly.
    My Primal Battle Tome