Page 550 of 621 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 550

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Happy doesn't stick around long, so I'm just happy to see it when it wanders by. I'm generally "happy," but there's usually an undercurrent of "not happy" pretty close to the surface. Not because I dislike my life or anything, but because I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop (although I have been getting better on that.)
    Precog isn't always right in the sense of what I thought I saw or noted is exactly what happens. It's usually close, but not always 100%. It doesn't always appear in my dreams, I occasionally get a"reminder" (something I'll see or hear will trigger a flash during the day, resulting in a variation of either "oh shit" or "ooooohhhhh"), but only if I'm not thinknig about that topic. Either way, it's something I set it on the back burner in my mind (it's still percolating and bubbling away, but I'm not messing with it) and leave it alone until it produces. The more I prod it, the longer it takes. Sometimes, the Fates are bitchy enough to leave me with no production, which means relinquishing control to them, which means I'm even more twitchy because I don't like not having control. Occasionally, I can get my Tarot decks to talk, but only if it's something that was going to pop up soon anyways.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    That sounds unsettling, but pretty cool.
    Hope happy wanders back soon

If it does, awesome. If not SSDD.
    Gah. This is two nights in a row that Geek has kept me up much longer than I intended with thoughtful or romantic gestures. I'm glad he's doing them, because it means he's found some of his spark again, but going to bed at 0730 and 0630 is for the nocturnal critters, esp since my body will kick me away by 1430 regardless of how much sleep I've had.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Strange association and correlation I was hoping against. I think I figured out what causes my occasional air hunger and racing heart. Sugar. Not sure if it's form specific, but it appears to be dose dependent, much like wheat with my depression. Dammit. Something as "small" as a can of DP can set it off, possibly something even smaller.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    NK have you been tested for Hypoglycemia? Those are the exact symptoms I have. It makes sense because Hypos release too much insulin in response to sugar. Thereby tanking blood sugar levels and causing the above.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I know they check my blood sugar every time I'm at the doc's office and they take blood, whether or not I'm fasting. They always comment on how good it is. Hypoglycemia, while not high on my list of shit I want, is plausible for me, as my grandmother had type 2 for her last 5 years or so and was probably hypoglycemic for a while before that. My grandfather was for a while as well.
    Thing is, I doubt it's hypoglycemia because the air hunger lasts upward of 36 hours (usually only 24) after my last sugar intake, and the racing heart after sugar thing I've had my whole life and just thought it normal until I got to talking to a friend.
    My Primal Battle Tome

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    at least you have some insight, that would panic me.

The Fates appear to be trying to bitchslap a lesson into me. I'm still jobless with very few prospects. I'm helping illustrate a friend's children's book and writing on Alanar in the meantime. Whenever I write, things appear to go smoothly and almost happily. If I put it down for more than a few days, everything goes to shit.
    I've dealt with Bitchslaps by the Fates before. Never quite this violent, but then again, I've never bucked them this badly before. I know I'm supposed to write. I also know I hate not having a safety net.
    I'm hoping to get that position with the state. A job I'd be happy enough in, money coming in, and pretty much guaranteed 8-5, M-F with none of this overtime or client relations BS. I'd be able to breathe easier. It also doesn't require a PE, although I might get it anyways as a safety net.
    I don't know that I'll get it though. The Fates seem pretty damn insistent that engineering is not my path.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think you need to bust your butt on Alanar and get it done so that when the State job comes through you won't have to stress about getting your book done too... then the Fates won't hit ya so hard.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Tutoring/ teaching a friend's child in math (pre-algebra right now) to keep myself occupied and give myself some sort of purpose. Still no offers, Still nothing new and promising to apply for. "Become a civil engineer," they said. "You'll always have a job," they said. Pfft.
    I need to lay off on the wheat again. I know this. I know what happens. I know this path. Yet I walk down it every few weeks, I guess just to pound home the fact that wheat is bad. The clouds are bad, and not even K'nex and lego are helping.
    My Primal Battle Tome