Page 540 of 621 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540541542550590 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 540

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What, your trip to Tychee in a vacuum glass? Is that what you're hoping for, spammer? 'Cause that's what we're hoping wil work again.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Perspective is a funny thing. I was going to tell her to take the lower paying, easier job, enjoy life and write her book. I guess that is because I am old(er).
    hehe...i was thinking *if* she and geek later decided to have kids, it might be best to make the employment gains now because it will be difficult while juggling kids. i guess i've come from a standpoint of struggling financially for the past several years, so it's hard for me to imagine turning down what's basically an essential career step (EIT -> PE license, which i know has held Naiad back in the past) and higher pay. *shrug* i haven't BTDT, so who knows.

We'll see what I get offered. Could be I get neither, who knows.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    *crosses fingers for Naiad to get whichever she prefers*

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    *crosses fingers for Naiad to get whichever she prefers*
    I'll see what's offered and go from there, in all honesty. This is a lot of conjecture about something that may or may not happen and I don't like giving the Fates ideas.
    I was teaching Niece to swim earlier. Apparently, she hadn't learned before now because she doesn't like putting her face underwater and no one had thought to teach her the crawl. A little more practice and she'll be swimming like a fish. She also was interested in going underwater around me, which she's apparently never done before, either.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    i've never had crab. 8 legged anythings bother me! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Me neither. I tried to know my women a little better before it got there, ya know.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Alright, silly question for the people with hiring xp and the ones older and wiser than me. I got a call this morning from the engr firm. Blahblahblah, we haven't forgotten about you, we've been busy. "We should have something for you by the end of the week." Does that mean I got the job and they're just trying to figure out the price and wording? Or is it still in the air? I know, I know, wait til tomorrow. But geesh, leave a person hanging, why don'tcha?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hmmm...I think that sounds like they're coming up with a salary/benefits type thing. That would be awful misleading to say that and then your "something for you" be a big fat no. But, just in chance, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

That's what I'm hoping.
    I just had something triggering occur in the CW moments thread. If you don't want to read more about my not so fucked up childhood, stop here.
    I've mentioned before that I acted as mother to my sisters more than my mother did most of the time. Hearing what the average childhood was like and *cringe* comparing it to mine hurts. I wasn't much of a mama, apparently. I don't recall my mother kissing any of our injuries, so I never did. I don't recall mom putting any bandaids on for us. I know I only did it if they couldn't reach it, and no there-theres to go with it, just apply neosporin, apply bandage, "don't do it again" and bring'em back to where we were playing. People were going on about how moms watch their kids out the window when they were playing outside. Ours didn't. It meant she had to deal with problems that weren't in her own head. I was the peacekeeper and triage, even if I caused the injury.
    As much as I want there to be emotion about this, there's not. It's more of a "that's how it was, it can't be fixed." Same goes for other parts of my childhood. That's just how it was, I knew no different. Knowing different now kinda hurts, but not really. More of a mosquito bite type thing. Even if Mom did fuck us up, I guess it wasn't too bad. The two of us that made a clean escape are certainly more independent and self sufficient than most folks our age. We all have our emotional scars (even though I tried to shield the youngest from most of it), but, I guess if it doesn't come from family, it'll come from somewhere else. I don't know if I forgive my mother for everything, I don't know if I'll ever be able to. There's some shit she did that I don't know if I'll ever recover from (I still maintain that i should not have been her sounding board/ whipping child for when she got into a fight with dad or her best fried and that I should not have had to be the one to stop the suicide attempts.) But I think I can finally forgive her for my having to be "mother of (the) moment" most of my young life. Not just because she got screwed over in the maternal loteria as well, but also because I can finally see some of the positives of it.
    I realize my childhood was not as fucked up as some and I seem childish for whining about the one I had. I also know that I was only VERY recently able to get past a holdover from that era that I am not proud of. I know that conversations with mom abt anything from me being a kid are a real strain on my emotions, because of the holdover of shielding mom from bad news and not wanting to upset her. Even if they are happy memories, there's the version I talk about around her, and then there's the real version. All these are holdovers and I recognize them as such. Will I ever confront my mother? Not unless I feel like talking her out of suicide from across the state or physically removing her from the option (which is very difficult: I'm 5'2" and 124 lb, she's 5'6" and around 180.)
    I think I finally realized that you can forgive someone and still have the pain. I think I also realized that some things are just unforgivable. Even with the cautious orbit and careful dance I've had with her all these years, I do love the woman. She is my mother, even if she wasn't much of one.
    My Primal Battle Tome