Page 539 of 621 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 539

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i'd go for the higher pay/PE job. slack off when you're old.
    Perspective is a funny thing. I was going to tell her to take the lower paying, easier job, enjoy life and write her book. I guess that is because I am old(er).
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Perspective is a funny thing. I was going to tell her to take the lower paying, easier job, enjoy life and write her book. I guess that is because I am old(er).
    I was going to say the same and I'm not much older than her. if the money isn't "needed" why bog down your life?

But, ultimately it's about enjoyment. You'll spend 1/3 of your day at work, so you might as well enjoy the job. Take the one that offers you the must satisfaction and enjoyment.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    At the moment, both are "ifs." I haven't gotten an offer yet from either one.
    As to needed, if I took the drafting job, I'd be able to pay my bills and for day to day expenses, and get back to socking back money (not as much, though, per month.) If I got the engineering job,it depends on the pay they offer. If it's like the last small company I worked for, it won't offer but maybe $10k over the drafting job, and it's in Midland, so time and money for commuting there,as well as higher stress levels because it's a consulting firm. If it's like everywhere else that's not Fucking Andrews, they'll offer me about 5% over what ENV firm paid me.
    I was talking with Geek last night, and if it comes down to that choice, I think it would take the engr firm offering a large chunk of change (as in, 15% over my last job) to make me think it may be worth it.
    As of right now, I'm willing to take a lower paying "fun" job over one that'll stress me out and make me sick. BUT, if the engr firm offers me some heinously high pay, I'll hafta think about it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes the stress of not having to worry about money is worth it. Other times not.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Ugh. I know I need to work out. I know it'll help my shoulder and neck.
    I know I need to go to the store. We're having something veg heavy for dinner again an the veg drawer is running low on stuff Geek'll eat.
    I don'wanna. I wanna be lazy and/ or write.
    Hrmph. Roight. Time to get off my lazy ass and at least pretend to workout.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just go for a walk. Might help you feel better without crazy exertion.

I have a picky DH too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I needed to do my shoulders and arms weights because that's what makes the pain from my neck injury go away I did that twice and chest/ back once. Would've been twice, but I think I'm coming down with the bug of the moment. My energy level was through the floor. I only finished that single set of chest/ back by forcing myself and telling myself I could take a nap after going to the store, but i couldn't go to the store until I finished that set.

You know how I was saying I wsa gonna go to the store? I lied. We're having DQ tonight. It's one of those rare occasions I'm craving chicken fingers and fries and gravy and I'm too out of it to do the Primal version of all that. I know that has wheat, but hopefully taking a few of my enzyme tablets will take care of that.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

And I'm paying for the wheat. Not as bad as usual though, and it could mostly be coming up out of the bug I caught.
    Taking Niece to the pool/ water park thing here in town today. Well, if she has a swimsuit that fits. If not, we're going malling and then hopefully hitting up the water park. Should be fun, even with wheat puff.
    Still no word from the engr firm. Slackers.
    Off to make sure Idiot Dog hasn't landed herself being muzzled again. She's going after the sprinkler boxes now that she can't get to the cable line.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today's dinner:
    Steamed blue crabs (wild caught in the Gulf for $4/ pound) over gazpacho salad with lime butter on the side.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, because houses making weird noises is the first thing I think of when I'm talking about crabs. Then again, I'm sure you know ALL about crabs, don't you, spammer? Crabs and gonorrhea and syphilis...
    My Primal Battle Tome