Page 538 of 621 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 538

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline284 View Post
    Today is my first work (goto) week 24 hr fast. C'mon noon (hell)... only 2.5 more (spammer) hours.
    nicely done Naiad.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i need to stop staying up until 3 am doing random shit, so i feel you!
    This week I'll make myself get better about it, by hook or by crook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline284 View Post
    Today is my first work (goto) week 24 hr fast. C'mon noon (hell)... only 2.5 more (spammer) hours.
    You, know, Jackie (may I call you Jackie, ms. Spammer?) I would tell you off and to go join your friends on Io or Europa, but you seem to have done it for me. So you get a special treat for telling them off for me. You only hafta go to Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I bought the bell for Whimsyshire, haven't done anything else for it yet (how do you actually start the quests to make the staff?). I need to get off the wheat, I have been indulging in too many cookies lately. L-Glutamine helps a bit, but only when I take it consistently. I don't know what my trigger limit is, sometimes I can have 1 cookie and have an acne break-out, other times I'll have 4 and be fine.
    I ran across the black mushrooms in the Cathedral, and will eventually get enough levels to where I go farm Izual (sp?), the Highlands, and all that for the rest of it. I'll buy the cowbell when I've gotten the rest of my stash.
    Acne's never been an issue for me, thankfully *knocks on own head.* The wheat thing I discovered through trial and error after narrowing it down to wheat or sugar. I'm the same way. Sometimes all it takes is a Ferrero Rocher, other times I can eat a huge bowl of spaghetti and have no problems. Different forms of wheat, maybe (spring/ winter/ semolina/ AP/etc.)?
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    nicely done Naiad.
    I thought it would discourage them, dammit, but now I'm going to need to start making it more and more it epic.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm...come play at the park with the kids & me! They'll run you for a good hour if you'll let them. That should help with sleep, right?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

It's not a lack of tiredness. It's that, since unemployment and not using an alarm clock, I've slowly migrated back to my natural sleep schedule. I'm naturally not a morning person (wake up at 1200, go to bed at 0400 is more my speed,) so I need to start realigning m sleep with the rest of the world that gets up at the ass crack of dawn (some of them willingly, which I still fail to understand.)
    Have an interview in 2.5 hrs. Everything's ironed and ready to go except for two things: checking the good blazer for dog fur and I'll hafta buy a pair of hose at Walgreen's on the way. I farking hate hose, but if you wear a skirt to an interview, it requires hose. Since my black slacks are in the laundry pile, I'm wearing a skirt.
    I ate reasonably well at Sunday With the In-Laws: tortas sans bread (beast roast, avocado, lime juice, iceberg, tomato, and chile'), a single caramel, and some chips and salsa when I got home.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on your interview today. My body has finally adjusted to the second shift life and I hate to say, but I like it.
    Georgette

Hmmm. If I get offered both jobs (I find out on this one by the middle of next week), I may be making a hard choice.
    One will pay less than I've made in a long time, as in $8k less than even the state paid me, but it'll start ramping up after 90 days. BUT, the job will be a cakewalk, no fieldwork, no out of town time, it's in town, and it's a lax environment. I'd come up a little shy on "fun" money, but I'd have much less stress and no overtime, meaning more time for the book and actually enjoying my life.
    The other will likely pay about the same as I have been making, push me for my PE, and keep me going on the civil career path. It'd be more stressful (if only because it'd actually require using my degree, thinking, and having a higher workload), but I'd get more holidays. There's also fieldwork, but most of it's in the area, so not as bad. I'd likely need more destress time after work and on weekends, which would mean less book, Geek, and fun time.
    It'll be a hard choice, IF I get offered both.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i'd go for the higher pay/PE job. slack off when you're old.

Quote Originally Posted by pererlale View Post
    Naiad... I think it is always hard to find true friends. I am lucky enough to have three, however with work/family/school I don't get to see them often (and one lives across the country, so only once every year or two). So most times it's just me.... doing my thing. It can feel lonely sometimes...
    It's no wonder you don't have any friends, spammer. You probably try and sell them roosters and cats responding to commands too. Go to Tyche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin290 View Post
    Hey Spammer, reread what you copied and pasted, dipshit.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Guess what I had for dinner that wasn't spam!
    I made a taco bomb!

Recipe as follows:
    For 1 serving, items without amounts are left to chef's best judgment
    1/2 lb ground beef
    grated cheddar (1 oz + however much more)
    chopped cuke
    chopped tomato + 1 slice
    salsa (2 tbsp + whatever else you want)
    salad greens
    sour cream
    avocado
    1/2 egg, beaten senseless

Preheat oven to 350*F. Make 2 aluminum foil balls about 1.5" in diameter. Separate the ground beast into two equal halves and form each into a half sphere around the aluminum foil (don't worry about greasing it if your foil ball isn't very pointy and your beef isn't very lean.) Make a hole with your thumb in the middle of one of your half balls, making sure to allow for the meat to shrink and still leave a hole. Put it on a sheet pan and pop it in the oven. Turn the oven up to 450*F. Mine cooked in about 15 min. You want them browned but NOT done yet, just looking like they're done. CAREFULLY remove your foil balls. Apply your beaten egg to any cracks or holes that may develop from this. Drop 1 oz grated cheese and enough salsa to fill up that bowl the rest of the way into the bowl with a hole. Brush the egg around the rim of each of the bowl and quickly invert the one with a hole over the other on and seal with more egg. Carefully transfer to a sheet of aluminum foil big enough to hold the bomb together and fold it/ wad it to make sure it doesn't fall apart in cooking. DO NOT SEAL IT, matter of fact, leave the top open. Pop it back in the oven until the meat is cooked through.
    Meanwhile, grab that tomato slice. Carefully cut out the spokes of the "wheel," leaving just the ring of tomato. Cut it so it can be spread into a rope of tomato. Now, take some of that leftover cheddar and mash it up in your hand until it's reformed into a somewhat pliable mass. Mold this around one end of your tomato ring thing.
    Set up a landing zone of a green salad with cheese and salsa and sour cream and all that jazz.
    When your taco bomb is done remove it from the oven and plate it, leaving it hole side up. This WILL require you to be careful so it doesn't fall apart. Once you've plated it take that tomato rope/ cheese thing and stick it in the hole, noncheesed side down. Add a tiny dollop of sour cream and salsa and you have a fuse. TADA!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    looks fabulously delicious! i'm getting hungry!