Page 536 of 621 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546586 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 536

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want one, too, but I'm all to aware that alcohol has a nasty tendency of making me fly like a bird and then crash even further down than I already was. Hence why I drink so little, both in terms of quantity and oftenness.
    I think I'm going to go curl up with a book and pretend the outside world doesn't exist.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I had a lot of catching up to do and with each turn of the page I was hoping to see "I GOT THE JOB", but sadly it hasn't been written yet. If you wizzed the interviews and they said they'd be in touch, they will be in touch. The waiting is the hardest part.

I'm glad you had fun at the ren faire. Cute costumes for both you and DH.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I don't trust "we'll be in touch." Never have, never will. I've had the rug yanked out from underneath me too many times. when someone uses that phrase. Granted, it's usually before I even get an interview and it's said to placate those who applied: "We'll be in touch if something opens up for someone with your skills."
    I took a nap and had something that hasn't a nightmare but touched on a deep fear of mine. I still woke up feeling refreshed and a little better. Then I got the news that Geek won't be home til late and I'll be eating alone. Damn it, I have 1 lb of ground beast thawing that I can't eat on my own. And taco salad all on my own sounds really lonely and more than a little like bachelor chow minus the Taco Hell drive thru.
    Although my mind is working over time on the idea of a taco seasoned meat bowl to put the salad in...

I also had a bizarre and rather explicit (no, not like that) dream abt SWG. he went into get a spinal tap yesterday to double check his diagnosis for the headaches (intercranial hypertension something or another- same thing cori has) and posted abt it on facebook. I dreamed that after that response, he left me a message in the comments asking me to meet him at 2PM on Thursday because he needed to talk about something important. That struck me as so anti-SWG, it's not even funny. He doesn't plan that far ahead, if he can help it. If he needs to meet up with me abt something, he'll text or call me. And he wouldn't issue something like that in the open like that anyways. It's also the first time my dreams have EVER given me an explicit date and time. WTF? I'm not going to read too far into this one, esp not right now with where my mind is.
    Onwards, to find someone to eat with, because I HATE eating alone.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

124.2 lb. Dinner was shrimp tacos, rice, chicharonnes, salsa, and salad with IT Guy.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I want one, too, but I'm all to aware that alcohol has a nasty tendency of making me fly like a bird and then crash even further down than I already was. Hence why I drink so little, both in terms of quantity and oftenness.
    I think I'm going to go curl up with a book and pretend the outside world doesn't exist.
    i don't handle alcohol of any sort very well either. at best, it makes me drowsy. good choice of escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I don't trust "we'll be in touch." Never have, never will. I've had the rug yanked out from underneath me too many times. when someone uses that phrase. Granted, it's usually before I even get an interview and it's said to placate those who applied: "We'll be in touch if something opens up for someone with your skills."
    my husband has had the rug yanked out from under him many times, but the last two jobs he has had, they initially passed him up with a "we'll keep your resume on file in case if anything suited to you opens up." don't want to encourage you to get your hopes up, but you never know.

I'll call them tomorrow and "see if they have been able to contact my references," AKA "do you fucking want me or not?"
    I can feel the tears trying to come but they are useless and serve no purpose towards resolving the matter.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

Spammer- I will keep up the good fight. The good fight to send you to Nemesis. If you need that and more, we can send you all the way to the center of the galaxy. Now taking up funds to send the spammers to Tychee and beyond. Looking for giveashits, anyone have a giveashit to send these spammers to the dark side of Alpha Centauri?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Another interview Monday at 1330. It's for a drafting position, so it wouldn't be engineering. Not sure how I feel about that. I was mostly just a drafter at my last job anyways, but I'm sure the ENV firm paid more than this oilfield company will. I'm happy it's another interview and all.
    Waiting for engr firm to call back. I called this morning and he was out of the office.
    I'm feeling a lot better today. Then again, I did end up crying and whining around 130 this morning, so that may be a large part of it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

For those curious, my mood is best approximated by this song in Das Rheingold by Richard Wagner.
    My Primal Battle Tome