Page 535 of 621 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 535

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ah, got it. Not fun!

Geek looks great too -- even headless:-):-):-)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    Geek looks great too -- even headless:-):-):-)
    yes, he is depressingly studly looking

I am sure you make a lovely couple Naiad
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you feel like traipsing back through my journal to around the same time last year, I think I forgot to crop out his head. Besides, if wasn't least someways hot to me, this marriage wouldn't have ever happened. I'm a firm believer that you can't make a marriage work if there's no physical attraction at all, even if all the other slots line up. If you wake up each morning, look over and wonder how on earth something that ugly/ plain/ eh ended up in the bed with you, you did something wrong. Thankfully, I think he's hotter than Hollywood stars (the possible exceptions being Harrison Ford 20-30 years ago and Matt Damon sans the creepy blue eyes.)
    Tell the truth, our relationship is very much give and take, even for even. Has been since we started. It was a rough patch when I went whole hog primal because it meant two renditions of many meals, and since cooking was a large chunk of how we got together, that was a stumbling block. As time wore on, we adapted. I discovered that corn and rice aren't exactly villains. He realized that he does do better with slightly fewer carbs, albeit by accident. (Hey, if I don't eat it, I don't think to buy it.) We've compromised, and most meals are the same meal with slightly different twists. He was the first man to actually hear that I hate roses and despise gold and diamonds. He was the first man to hear me out and play into my wild harebrained ideas that don't go anywhere*. We're a lot alike, but just different enough to keep things interesting.

*Example harebrained idea: Last night we beat Diablo 3, and were talking about the new skills we'll unlock in Nightmare mode. He misheard something I said and thought I said "unlock the monkey." He thought I was referring to a familiar I could call forth, like my hydra that spits balls of electricity. He wisecracked that it'd be a purple monkey that would throw balls of arcane poop. I cracked back that it'd be blue and throw electric poop. "EwwwOWWWW... Oh the smell, it's everywhOWWWWW!" And we went back and forth on the magical poo flinging monkey for half an hour.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hrmph. I know I'm making summer rolls for dinner tonight, with cooled cooked yellow squash in place of the noodles. Trying to find a primal dipping sauce that's not butchered to hell and gone is a pain in the ass. I don't use Stevia, I don't see the point in replacing heavy cream with coconut milk, they can take their coconut aminos and shove it. And who the hell puts applesauce in sweet and sour or ... Oh. Found a decent "peanut" sauce. Now to find a reasonable sweet and sour.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner: summer rolls- rice paper, lettuce, shrimp, jalapeno, cuke, cooked yellow squash, and carrot; + nonprimal sweet and sour (ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch. I could've primalized that, but I didn't eat enough of it to matter.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hey look, it's Helen! Everybody wave byebye to helen as she takes off on her final IF on her way to Tychee!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Depressive rant below. Fair warning if you don't want to read yet another one.

Up and down, up and down. Emotional roller coaster, and not even a fun coaster with loops. Today appears to be a down day. No clue why, just is, possibly due to the forming headache and no notice from the new company yet. I need tears. I haven't cried or even had a chance to cry since a month, month and a half prior to being laid off. Every time they try to come, it's in public, so I stuff them back down and seal'em back up. I can't cry on command, easy as that would seem. I need the catharsis; I need the wails of rage and terror and outright depression that only a crying jag will get me, just to get it out of my system. I'm pulling in again, pulling away from those I love. This unemployment thing is wearing at me. I'm better than this, yet I was tossed aside like yesterday's bad news. I hate relying on (handouts) unemployment. I hate not being to completely pull my own weight around the house. I hate that I was fucked over yet again and that I can't catch an even break while every silly nancy in this damn town can get a damn job the next day if they don't like the one they have. Every company I'm willing to make into a career throws me away. Think of the line "heaven doesn't want me and hell's afraid I'll take over." Every company that's been a great job of heaven hasn't wanted me. Hell, as in Fucking Andrews and transpo were afraid I'd take over and kept giving me reasons to leave.
    I want to be wanted. I want a job where I don't have to watch my back every second of every day for fear of layoffs or backstabbing. I'm tired of being fucked over. It does feel like I'm being shoved towards a different career path by the Fates, if only for the fact that I can't hold down a damn fucking steady job. If writing paid, I could and would do it full time. But there's a reason for the phrase "starving artist."
    I want to give up, but that's not an option. Not only is suicide not an option, but giving up on happiness isn't an option. I carry too much, but I can't put any of it down. There's that word. What can I put down? I've put mom down. Sink or swim, she's on her own. I've put Cassie down, her errors are not my fault. What burden am I carrying that is not my own? My fate- I do not believe in predetermination, so I make my own fate. Fuck it, I'll try to worry that... Worry. Worry is the burden I need not carry. So how the hell do I put it down?
    Let go and let god means being more religious or spiritual than I am.
    I'm just curious as to why I'm the one being boned here. Honestly. Gods, goddesses, fates, WHY?! I know I'm not the only person, and I'm still doing better than many. I still feel like the whipping child of the gods though.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Feeling very similarly, though it's Boyfriend's unemployment that wears on me (and he can't collect because he is a student), among many other things.

Virtual booze-of-choice-in-a-glass clink. I could use a drink, but it'll just give me a headache. Boo!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Feeling very similarly, though it's Boyfriend's unemployment that wears on me (and he can't collect because he is a student), among many other things.

Virtual booze-of-choice-in-a-glass clink. I could use a drink, but it'll just give me a headache. Boo!
    Virtual margaritas it is! *Clink*
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Man now I want a Margarita! Good call though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).