Page 533 of 621 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 533

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Home again, home again. Ren fair yesterday was pretty damn awesome. I got more of my soaps (hard to beat $30/6 for handmade), more Phoenix Phyre and Dragon's Breath (two salsas we can only get at the faire,) took in a show (Don Juan and Miguel), I got a henna tat of a dragon, and generally ambled around, ogled people, objects, costumes, and ridiculous prices.
    On the way back to the hotel, we get a phone call: "Oh, hai, dinner will be ready early, come here straight from the faire." I tried explaining that we were still in garb and got a "come over anyways." (My parents and time are an issue I've ALWAYS had.) So we stopped by a Walmart on the way back and grabbed some clothes, including a sundress that gave me a rash. Dinner was gin and tonics (heavy on the gin and lime, tonic optional), lamb leg, sausage, pasta salad (I picked the veggies and scallops out), bacon grease spinach, chips (well, broccoli for me) and salsa. I ended up getting enough alcohol in my system that i are some sourdough, not that I care, but my wrist does. Then again, 8 oz gin in an 8 hour span is a good excuse.
    Today was more Fourbucks, soup (with beans I ate around and tortilla strips I didn't), chips, salsa, Cheezits, Arizona Stress Tea (I don't remember that being that sweet), more Fourbucks, and water. I don't care, I'm just glad we made it home safe with as little sleep as I've had the past few night because of an absolutely horrid bed. "Heavenly bed," my ass. I think the floor may actually have been softer. Shower heads were nice though.
    I'll put up pics when I can get his cropped and get mine from him, including a pic of the dragon on my back.

OH! If you want proof that vit D therapy works, I submit what happened yesterday. I am VERY fair, to the point that vampires are jealous. When threatened with more than 5 min of sun, my skin used to turn lobster red and go right back to pasty white within 2-5 days, with the occasional peeling. I say "used to" because I forgot to sunblock up yesterday. We were out in North Texas, not a cloud in the sky, and hit or miss shade, and I was unprotected from the sun, save my sunglasses, for nearly 5 hours. Nothing. No burn, no tan, nothing. Same pasty white.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    what? no pics? sounds like you had a great time. i can relate on the sunburn thing, awesome that it worked for you. i'm starting to tan now more than burn.

canio6 Guest
    Sounds like fun was had by all, and lamb leg was had and that is awesome unto itself. And holy snikes on not burning. I need to get some Vit D.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Glad it was all you had hoped.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    glad you made it home safe & sound!! Sounds like a great time, can't wait to see the pics!! and yay on no sunburn! that's fandamntastic!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Killme- I'd love to do just as your name suggests, damn spammer, but I'm not quite that depressed yet. So just do it for me, will ya?
    As a side note, I confirmed that wheat is indeed the depressive and bursitis trigger I thought it was.
    Pics are still on their way, still waiting on Geek.
    The sunburn thing surprised the hell out of me too, but I'll run with it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Here's my costume:
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    lovely costume, did you have some wicked moves to go with it?

I busted them out to get a discount on my salsas and got a 20% discount, so I guess they were wicked. ;D
    My Primal Battle Tome

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You look really young! You look lovely in your costume
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)