Page 532 of 621 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 532

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Have a ball! Get one of those big turkey legs! I used to go to the Renaissance Faire in Thousand Oaks, California and loved it. I made a Lucretia Borgia dress with each (fake) pearl sewn on individually. For some reason, I did the whole long dress by hand as well as friend's shirt. Must have been trying to avoid studying! That's a long drive. Wow! Just have fun.

In case you didn't know, you and PC are covering my back in absentia in first visit to M since I "lost" my phone. Luke is covering my back in real time. Should be interesting.

Just have the superest time ever:-) You'll still be in Texas, right?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Pam, its near dallas.
    Dinner was jambalaya.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mjiealafdaa is offline Junior Member
    Naiad, sorry you are having to go through so much.
    Best wishes and hugs!
    Last edited by mjiealafdaa; 05-24-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Now that I'm not trying to type from my phone
    Pam, Scaborough Faire is near Dallas, in Waxahachie, and we're staying at a swanky hotel in Dallas for dirt cheap, thanks to hotwire. They wanted to gouge me on parking ($24/ night) and internet ($19.95/ night for all of 2 Mbps), so I parked in the mall parking lot, tethered my rooted phone on 4G, and gave' em the finger, in addition to only paying $65/ night for a $189/night room. Why, yes, I am cheap, can you tell?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oh, and spammer? Save those wishes and prayers for yourself. You'll need them while visiting Andromeda.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Not cheap. Smart. Besides if your Ren Faire is like our big NY state deal, you'll get enough price gougeing there.

Oh, yes, there is price gouging athe ren faire. The $20 entrance fee iss just the tip of the iceberg. I was raised damn near Jewish when it comes to money: pinch every penny til it screams, then pinch some more, so paying for things that should be free in a hotel just ain't gonna happen.
    My Primal Battle Tome

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I'd say you just want to spend money on other things. I won't even ask what tethering your rooted phone on 4G means:-)

Ah, okay, I am placing you near Dallas. I really do have to get a map of Texas.

Curious how much a turkey leg costs at the fair! But you have to eat there, of course. That's where money you saved will come in handy.

Waiting for picture of you (complete) and Geek (head cut out of picture so he can remain anonymous:-)).

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Now that I'm not trying to type from my phone
    Pam, Scaborough Faire is near Dallas, in Waxahachie, and we're staying at a swanky hotel in Dallas for dirt cheap, thanks to hotwire. They wanted to gouge me on parking ($24/ night) and internet ($19.95/ night for all of 2 Mbps), so I parked in the mall parking lot, tethered my rooted phone on 4G, and gave' em the finger, in addition to only paying $65/ night for a $189/night room. Why, yes, I am cheap, can you tell?

Photos will be up late tomorrow or Sunday.
    Breakfast was coffee with half and half and a fourbucks cheese and fruit plate, sans crackers of course.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yesterday's food: sugar free nerve espresso thing, marble slab (dark chocolate ice cream, strawberries, almonds, and fudge) and dinner at kuby's: weisswurst, bratwurst, knockwurst, red cabbage (pickled before cooking?), German potato salad and a vinaigrette salad. + lemon meringue pie sans crust + 1 bite black forest cake + 1 pint Smithwick's.
    My Primal Battle Tome