Page 53 of 621 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 53

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    {{{{hugs}}}}

Not really much more I can add, but I am very sorry about your gran. I know that drama is hard: I hate it myself, but you are a tough chica and you can get through this!!

Enjoy your trip to Dallas as much as possible.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Lunch: 12 oz brisket, 3 oz skirt steak, 2 tbsp herb dressing, 1/4 cuke, 1/2 carrot, 1/2 roma tom, 1/2 green/red bell pepper (I'm not kidding, it was both!) and 1.5 c spring mix.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Naiad, call me. I can see about my moms house in Plano if you'd like?
    Katherine
    404-281-1662

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

I already made hotel reservations, but thanks for the offer!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner: goat ghost over raw spinach, 1 c strawberries and blueberries, and coconut heaven.
    I made a new whipped heaven creation! It's better than the original, I swear. Same thing, same idea, but when you have soft peaks or falling peaks, drizzle in coconut oil. It not only imparts a coconut flavor to it, but creates little coconut oil caviar bits throughout the entire thing. It's freakin divine!
    I also noticed boss's boss is now making a distinct effort to avoid me and pretends not to hear me where I say hello. My plan is working! Excellent *evil grin, rubs hands together*
    Car is now fixed, you have to really hunt to see that I was in a wreck.
    Bought a chest freezer yesterday, got the floor model and haggled them down from $198 to $148. I really am my father's daughter.
    Applied for another job, we'll see what happens. It's a stretch, but technically my credentials match what they want.
    Got in my vitamins (New Chapter Organics Every Woman's Multi) and fish oil (Carlson's Lemon flavored Liquid) today. We'll see how those turn out tomorrow.
    Decided to make my visit to Dallas a surprise to my grandmother. She gets very few happy surprises now, so I thought I'd give her one. My husband may be able to come as well.
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=naiadknight;195850
    I made a new whipped heaven creation! It's better than the original, I swear. Same thing, same idea, but when you have soft peaks or falling peaks, drizzle in coconut oil. It not only imparts a coconut flavor to it, but creates little coconut oil caviar bits throughout the entire thing. It's freakin divine!
    [/QUOTE]
    I so do not need to read this. I think I need to start calling you my "dealer/pusher". : )

I'm glad you are able to see your gran. It will be great if your hubby can be there for you.
    Your recent posts hit so close to home that my heart aches.

Marc,
    It's pretty bad when I've got the majority of the board going gaga over such a simple creation.
    I really think that my showing up will lift my gramma's spirits and hopefully help her feel better. I'm not expecting a miracle, but I just want her to feel a little happier/ more comfortable, ya know?

Breakfast: smoked sausage and egg with 1 mug oolong tea and 1 mug tiramisu/ azteca fire tea.
    My Primal Battle Tome

S: pieces of brownies, less than half a brownie total.
    L: Chef salad with greek vinaigrette. Thing was HUGE. Aside from the meat being lunch meat, it was a good approximation of a BAS by a restaurant.
    D: Chicken heart stir fry with bells, onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, spinach, and green beans in the garlic lime sauce. By the by, chicken hearts are now near the top of the list for meat. Taste like juicy little pearls of thigh meat.
    De: Frozen berry coconut heaven
    Sprinted (raced cars) for about 15 min.
    Managed to inflict massive amts of torture on boss's boss. I've changed tactics and it seems to be working. Rather than the flight attendant, I'm just being a slight perkier version of my normal dark, sarcastic self (read creepy perky Wednesday Adams with blonde hair). Apparently it's disturbing to watch. Forced conversation with food on him this morning, (obliquely) rubbing it in his face that I eat all the sausage and egg I want, as opposed to his "diet" granola bar. Forced conversation on him again throughout lunch by accidentally (no, seriously, I didn't mean to) and holding down 3 conversations at once. Teased him nonverbally by thoroughly enjoying my huge salad while he ate his teeny plate of spag+ meatballs looking mildly disgusted.
    Husband will be with me in Dallas. Yayyyyyy!!!!!
    The way things are going and at the rate my gramma's moving, I think she'll kick it pretty soon. As in it's possible she may just be hanging on to see me one last time because she can't see middle sister again (MS is still in jail, waiting for parole.) We'll see. I just want her to stop suffering.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-31-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Managed to inflict massive amts of torture on boss's boss. I've changed tactics and it seems to be working. Rather than the flight attendant, I'm just being a slight perkier version of my normal dark, sarcastic self (read creepy perky Wednesday Adams with blonde hair). Apparently it's disturbing to watch. Forced conversation with food on him this morning, (obliquely) rubbing it in his face that I eat all the sausage and egg I want, as opposed to his "diet" granola bar. Forced conversation on him again throughout lunch by accidentally (no, seriously, I didn't mean to) and holding down 3 conversations at once. Teased him nonverbally by thoroughly enjoying my huge salad while he ate his teeny plate of spag+ meatballs looking mildly disgusted.
    You're my hero.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm glad your hubby will be with you.

I hope your trip brings both you and your grandmother peace.