Page 526 of 621 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 526

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WTF?! I got on the scale right before I hopped in the shower. 125.2 lb. *headscratch* I KNOW I was at 128 as recently as last Friday. No clue what I changed, aside from being more cautious with the wheat products, but ok...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I've never heard of a burrowing owl. That is utterly cool. Doesn't seem like the safest of homes though! He / She probably has it all figured out:-)

You'll do great on the PE. Scrunched time frames suck, but I bet you'll be able to do it AND write!

They nest in abandoned prairie dog holes. They're actually a pretty cool little animal, and a threatened species, if I recall correctly.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

They do look cool. Hope they manage to keep surviving. Owls are just so beautiful. They have strange laws about them in New Hampshire. When I lived there, you couldn't touch ones that had died on your property. I guess people were stuffing them and saying they'd died. Anyway, we had a dead one in our forest and had to call a special place. They came out and got him / her. I think we had snowy owls, but that was a very long time ago, so I could be wrong.

So, are you all set to start work next week? Although, Murphy's Law, it's probably better to not plan for it at all and stay up late Sunday to assure they'll want you to start bright and early Monday a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    They do look cool. Hope they manage to keep surviving. Owls are just so beautiful. They have strange laws about them in New Hampshire. When I lived there, you couldn't touch ones that had died on your property. I guess people were stuffing them and saying they'd died. Anyway, we had a dead one in our forest and had to call a special place. They came out and got him / her. I think we had snowy owls, but that was a very long time ago, so I could be wrong.

So, are you all set to start work next week? Although, Murphy's Law, it's probably better to not plan for it at all and stay up late Sunday to assure they'll want you to start bright and early Monday a.m.
    I haven't even gotten an offer yet, so Monday's out and whatever I get I should be able to weasel into not starting til next week. There's no way in hell I'm missing this weekend.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hear of my dinner and weep of jealousy: smoked prime rib, roast corn, caesar salad, and grilled shrimp.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hear of my dinner and weep of jealousy: smoked prime rib, roast corn, caesar salad, and grilled shrimp.

Verily I do weep at the sound of your menu. There was much jealousy and the gnashing of teeth.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Grilled shrimp sounds good to me! Maybe there is hope!

Nice try, spammer, but I can still tell when you're quoting someone, even back on page 101. Go join your brethren on the 30 day fast. Do it quick, before they beat you to the punch (bowl.)
    Today, not so much on the food front. It was a carbtastic day, starting with ranch dressing salad, broiled french bread toast, and ravioli and ending with crappy ice cream sammiches.
    I was proud of that roast though, and it came out really well for meat just this side of freezer burnt. Standard garlic stabbed roast, slathered with a lard based garlic rub and smoked over applewood chips.
    This week's going to be a hard push for writing, working out, and finishing those costumes.
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    I thought that was a spammer!

Sounds like a good week. They're probably waiting for transcripts to arrive, so phone call should come soon -- and you had your weekend:-)

Do you actually smoke your own meat? Wow!I don't think I've ever heard of smoked prime rib. When you smoke meat, can you still get that really rare part?