Page 525 of 621 FirstFirst ... 25425475515523524525526527535575 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 525

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That sounds interesting. Let us know if it works!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I wish they'd take y'all's comments as character references, but alas, they want people who've met me in person and can verify that I'm not a serial killer.
    I'm fairly certain you're not a serial killer, but I'm not sure I could swear to it...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have my Dexter moments, but I just don't have the patience for clean-up or track covering to be a successful serial killer.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It worked out ok. I definitely needed to use a much thinner "crust" of cheese and add the 'ronis after the fact. It was still edible and tasty, but it needed a fork and more toppings. This would be a good one for veggies.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Walked the dog at UTPB. She still is choking herself against the leash to try and chase rabbits. I've gotten her to mostly ignore the humans though, so one step at a time.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    There is a leash called the "gentle leader" which works great with our weimaraner. It is similar to a horse harness. The strap over the nose calms them.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    There is a leash called the "gentle leader" which works great with our weimaraner. It is similar to a horse harness. The strap over the nose calms them.
    I've got her in a harness as opposed to a collar now and she'll still run all the way out until she's standing on her hind legs to chase the critters. We do muzzle her for misbehavior (chewing on illegal items), so I won't use a gentle leader out of fear of mixed messages. I'm slowly getting her to not chase them as badly. I'm just fighting her instincts here; her main breed is a sight hound and she probably got food with it on the streets when she was a puppy. I'll eventually work it out of her.

This employer is really pushing for my PE. As in, if I get the job, I'll need to start studying and prepping for the October test, which means I'll turn into a senior year engineering student again: work, food, study, sleep, repeat ad nauseum until Friday and Saturday night, repeat cycle starting Sunday.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Tell the boss you are a famous novelist and don't have time to do the PE right now.

Sounds tough. Was that a goal of yours?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Tell the boss you are a famous novelist and don't have time to do the PE right now.

Sounds tough. Was that a goal of yours?
    In civil, there's no point in an engineering degree without Professional Engineer licensure. I was working towards taking the same test before the env firm laid me off. It's a horribly squashed time frame (most people study for upwards of a year) but there's no helping that.
    As to the writing... I'll squeeze that in. Somehow. Maybe. Good god, I would kill for a time turner right about now.

This little guy (a burrowing owl) stood right up and posed for his photo last night.

This was the pizza.

I had curry right before I went to bed because my body told me that one of those was a great plenty (that whole nutrient thing) and I was starved after Diablo.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post

This employer is really pushing for my PE. As in, if I get the job, I'll need to start studying and prepping for the October test, which means I'll turn into a senior year engineering student again: work, food, study, sleep, repeat ad nauseum until Friday and Saturday night, repeat cycle starting Sunday.
    nice motivator though. good luck with that, you can do eet!!