Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 523

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    what are ESAs?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    what are ESAs?
    Wow, whoops. Typo. EAs. Environmental Assessments, big brother of the transaction screening. It's what smart companies with any form of chemicals that will be onsite do before moving in to a site. Essentially, someone walks around the grounds and does background research to see if the site has been contaminated before or appears to have had any way to have been contaminated before. Photos, prior owners, whole nine yards, then we write up a report and give it to the client so they can decide on whether they want to use that property or not. It's a protection against litigation for something a previous owner did.

Spammer, if you can concentrate so much, go join your buddy in that 30 day fast. With those concentration skills, I know you can do it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ah i see. kind of similar to SPCCs, right? that's what my FIL does, though sometimes he'll hire out the "walking around the pig farm" bit and just do the rest from home. it's also what i hope to do; as glamorous as feedlot touring sounds, it should be fairly easy to do alongside raising children.

Akin to one, yeah.
    Interview went well, they already want a second one and references.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

another step closer!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Excellent!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a personal and a professional reference that'll paint me gold, and two more professional references that'll treat me right because they want to see me succeed.
    Tonight is curry night and I just realized I'm fresh out of curry veggies. Feck. Off to the HEB after I pick out a recipe. Maybe something new.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was a basic tomato beef curry, nothing fancy, over steamed kale. Made some naan for Geek, had a few bites and remembered I don't care for it unseasoned.
    Down to 125.8 today. REALLY need to get going on those costumes. Didn't do shit on those or the story today. Still feeling a bit off kilter and somewhat sick. I'm rhinking it's sleep debt.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the interview! Hoping you get some good news soon!
    Georgette

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic about the job. What a relief that would be -- yes -- before Memorial Day. This week, I'd say, would be just right.

They probably want a writing sample because engineers are notorious for not being able to write! For real. And if you're doing reports, that's an issue. Not for you, of course.

They often have to have someone write the mess engineers come up with into standard English. One of my daughters writes reports for others who are brilliant but can't write. I used to have to translate technical stuff from German into English and, man, translating a poorly written German engineer's stuff into English was a trip because it also meant writing it so it could be understood!!!

But, you'll pass that in flying colors.

Hey, do you want letters of recommendation from all of us:-):-):-)
    Last edited by lopisheep; 05-17-2012 at 07:47 AM.