Page 522 of 621 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 522

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    100 pages of "Alanar" complete! It's officially novel length and not even anywhere near done.
    That is so exciting!!! OK maybe not as exciting as Diablo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    How long did it take you to get on? My wife was sitting there for an hour and a half apparently. My brother sat and waited, finally got on, and then his internet went out. He said fuck it and went to bed. Here's hoping you had better luck!
    I finally got in around 320, after constantly spamming their servers with requests. Went to bed around 6 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    That is so exciting!!! OK maybe not as exciting as Diablo.
    I'm really proud of it.

OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOk. So today rocks like Pink Floyd and it's not even 10 yet. Know why? Diablo III's out. Alanar can now be legitimately called more than an idea. AND I GOT A BITE ON MY RESUME!
    One of the companies that requested my resume yesterday just called asking for an interview ASAP (like, by the end of the week ASAP.) It's an environmental firm, less remediation and more investigation/ regulatory. Licensed in multiple states, appears larger than Fucking Andrews, and is in sister city.
    What's funny is that I was really pushing to have a job by Memorial Day, so I could enjoy my time in Dallas more. I think I may have done it (never had an interview I wasn't offered a job yet), but lets not quite count those chickens.
    Speaking of Dallas, I need to get my ass on making those costumes. Hate saying it, but I may cheat on Geek's and adapt a thrifted dress shirt instead to be part of his. It'll depend on the dress shirts I can find at the thrift stores. I need to get going on the pants for both of us, too. I've been so busy writing that the costumes have slipped my mind.
    I'm running on 3.5 hrs of sleep here and I'm too keyed up to sleep.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the interview! I hope you land the job! That would be great!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    suh-weet!! good news!

Yep. Go in at 1030 tomorrow. They wanted my transcript, which I'm having my college send them, and samples of my writing work, which I spent the majority of the day scrambling to find. I'm ethical. When I leave a job, I leave pertinent reports at the job out of respect for confidentiality. I've gotten one, may be able to get a second, and will print off a mock proposal I did in college to get 3. If I can't get the 2nd one, I'll print off an editorial I did for the college paper while I was there.
    I'm still wondering why they want my resume when I'm 4 years out of school and why they want writing samples for an engineering job, but maybe it's an SOP designed for meat fresh out of school.
    Dinner was a pepper crust garlic roast, tortilla chips fried in lard, and salsa.
    I was so zonked today I didn't write or exercise.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Taking the laptop with me to write after the interview today. I've slacked on that and working out this week, so I'll lift after I get back tonight while waiting for the curry to cook.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Kick ass on the interview!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the engineering job will focus on report writing based on investigative findings??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Good for you, spammer. Why not turn it into a 30 day fast? You'd sure lose a lot of weight and stress that way. It'll be difficult in the beginning, I'm sure, but you can do it. Make that 30 day fast! Everyone'll feel a lot better after you do that!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Maybe the engineering job will focus on report writing based on investigative findings??
    I'm thinking ESAs (they do a fair chunk of them) or governmental report writing for remediation jobs. We'll see.
    Thanks for the warm wishes, canio!
    My Primal Battle Tome