Page 518 of 621 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 518

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well fuck. That referral was to what has to be the only oilfield company under a hiring freeze.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Science! With Food! Night was a massive success. We made stuffed bacon crust pizza!

The crust is a layer of havarti between two woven bacon mats, and the toppings were sauce, mozz, Canadian bacon, prosciutto, and pepperoni. Yes, it was DAMN tasty.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I slept great last night except for that run for the porcelain god. Nothing came up, thank the gods, but I did dry heave once and had that nasty hot flash sensation I get with it, which just makes it worse. Doing a bit of research, it would appear that massive amounts of nitrates, like what was in that pizza, can cause nausea. Well, shit. I guess nest time we scale it back a bit.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    pizza looks fabulous!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Darn those nitrates!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    pizza looks fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Darn those nitrates!

^both of these. Though seriously, that looks awesome.

Thanks, y'all. I'm perfectly fine now. The pizza took 4 packs of bacon, 8 slice havarti, 5 slices Canadian Bacon (the size of lunch meat),the equivalent of half a pack of pepperoni, and 4 slice prosciutto, as well as a cup of sauce and 4 cups of mozz. Lesson learned: nitrates are not my friend.
    Dinner today was pescado coronel at a favorite Mexican food restaurant: Catfish smothered in ranchero sauce, shrimp and jack cheese, served with 2 oysters on the half shell, rice, and a salad. I also ate corn chips, chcicharonnes, salsa, and everybody else's avocado and guac. The rice wasn't my best move, but no harm, no foul.
    This marks day 4 without added sugar and minimal fruit/ starch sugar. I really need to figure out how to get more starches without fruit sugars or other things that would be bad for my teeth.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oh, and I only have 1, maybe 2, days of writing to hit 100 pages in my novel.
    My Primal Battle Tome

At least this ijit spammer picked a new quote.
    In other news, this is the first day this week I haven't even met low goal for story word count. I got in a whopping 100 words. I know it's the weekend, but I won't be unemployed forever, here, and I need to push out this rough draft. On the upside, I got in 1300 words in just under an hour yesterday.
    Time for bed.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And now I remember why I hate talking about much of anything with mom. Unless it's nonsensical BS, family gossip, or video BS, she doesn't know and doesn't care to know. We were talking nutrition because she's trying to lose weight again.She was thinking she could survive eating a lunchable and a Mountain Dew each day. I told her that wasn't near enough calories and that adding some vegetation to that might be a good idea. She mentioned knowing she needed to cut back on the bread, rice, and pasta (hey, some of my teaching has finally sunk in to the carbomaniac) but not knowing how. So I bring up spag squash and zuke noodles and cauli rice and green smoothies and all the other ways to fake it. I also said "but even getting rid of one roll and the soda alone would do plenty to help you." Then the conversation turned to how she hates her coworkers and yadayadayadayada. I'm hoping some of that sank in, even if she doesn't follow it.
    Going over to the in-laws in a bit, as per Sunday usual.
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas and grandmamas that read my journal!
    My Primal Battle Tome