Page 515 of 621 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 515

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The best way to amplify a salsa? Add tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, salt, and pepper in an effort to tame it, and puree the fuck out of it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a taco sauce!

I hope you're having a good day. How is the writing coming along?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The best way to amplify a salsa? Add tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, salt, and pepper in an effort to tame it, and puree the fuck out of it.
    speaking of salsa, what is the difference between salsa and pico? I guess I should ask my good friend google, but seeing this made me think of it. Hmm...

okay, for anyone who cares...

apparently pico is salsa but...it has less liquid, is more peppers/other stuff than tomatoes (salsa is primarily tomatoes), pico has shorter shelf life, and pico is more uniform in size (ingredients) so now I know...and so do you...and yeah, I need a life.

I love pico!

Pico de gallo is chopped tomato, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, and cilantro tossed together. Salsa is tomato, onion, garlic, peppers, and usually a smidge of vinegar, crushed to something more closely resembling the texture of ro-tel. Chile' is pureed salsa Hot sauce is Tabasco, sriracha, Louisiana Hot Sauce, that sort of thing. A taco sauce (sacrilege that it is) is a closer relative to Tabasco than salsa and mostly water, vinegar, and dried spices/ chile powders.
    Yeah, I know entirely too much about hot stuff. I'd actually try that nag champa vodka if it were tequila, but I hate vodka with a mean passion.
    Anyways, I'll start writing here in a bit, I'm still waking up.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

All of the above sounds yummy, less the tequila and vodka.

589 words in and still having trouble hitting my stride.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was zuke noodles with spag sauce. Before that, I went grocery shopping and realized I'd forgotten how farking expensive spices are. My pocketbook is still screaming from that. Before that, I cleaned out/ organized the pantry and spice cabinets. And before that, I hit 1,100 words in the story.
    My workout was a 3.2 mile walk, sprints, and using a vertical log retaining wall as a balance beam for a good 1/4 mile. I only had to step off a handful of times, and that thing isn't exactly the most straight or flat balance beam. Each log is only 3" in diameter and there can be as much as a 2" horizontal and 6" vertical gap between them. The only saving grace is that they're packed in next to one another like a fence. My weight routine was abs and legs, with a personal best of 55 lb squats, calf raises, and stiff legged deadlifts, as well as doing 10 oblique swiss ball sit ups without falling off the ball.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I'm one of those people that are pretty much against government assistance for anything. But then again, here shortly, I may be eating my words. I friend of mine was telling me that I could essentially go back to school on the governments dime and also have money to live on. I'm thinking of looking into that.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm one of those people that are pretty much against government assistance for anything. But then again, here shortly, I may be eating my words. I friend of mine was telling me that I could essentially go back to school on the governments dime and also have money to live on. I'm thinking of looking into that.
    But unemployment isn't government assistance. It's paid for by your former employer by law (and I believe in part by you).