Page 511 of 621 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 511

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    yes, and this right here is why you may want to consider another place of employment besides a daycare
    Pfft. I can behave when I need to. I worked at City Hall for a time, fer Pete's Sake. But yeah, daycare is out of the picture. Simply doesn't pay enough and secular pre-schools pay even less.
    I'd really like to get another engr job though.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Pfft. I can behave when I need to. I worked at City Hall for a time, fer Pete's Sake. But yeah, daycare is out of the picture. Simply doesn't pay enough and secular pre-schools pay even less.
    I'd really like to get another engr job though.
    I know, I was just messing with you and I am sure you make crotch grabbing look artistic

I know, I was just messing with you and I am sure you make crotch grabbing look artistic
    "Artistic crotch grabbing." Hey, I think I found a new dance move... Wait, it's already been taken by the ghetto dancers.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

For those curious on my workout schedule it looks like this:
    Sat/ San: rest, possibly play with niece on Sun
    Mon: Arms/ shoulders, chest/ back- lat raise, shoulder press, hang clean, overhead dumb bell tricep extension, supinated curl
    Tues: Abs/ lower back, legs- hanging bent knee raise, weighted decline sit up, weighted oblique crunches on Swiss ball, plank, bird dog (trying to figure out how to weight this one), bicycle crunches, deadlift, barbell squat, standing calf raise (lunges & step- ups if I'm not run out of energy yet), walk 3 mi
    Wed: rest
    Thurs: See Mon+ walk/sprint 3 mi
    Fri: abs/ back, slow walk at least half a mile around HEB on Science! with Food! night.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    yes, and this right here is why you may want to consider another place of employment besides a daycare
    At the religious daycare I worked at when I first became a teacher, we had a little girl who loved to say the F word. She was the most adorable little thing I had ever seen. She'd walk demurely up to a kid on the swings and say in a sweet little voice, "Get the F out of my way". I had to hide my smirk as I put her in time out. She'd be in her mid 20's by now. I wonder what became of her.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    At the religious daycare I worked at when I first became a teacher, we had a little girl who loved to say the F word. She was the most adorable little thing I had ever seen. She'd walk demurely up to a kid on the swings and say in a sweet little voice, "Get the F out of my way". I had to hide my smirk as I put her in time out. She'd be in her mid 20's by now. I wonder what became of her.
    At least she was honest. Tristan used to be like that as well.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Now, that is just precious. Can I adopt her?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    THAT WAS MEEE!! j/k, cute story.

Hey, did you ever work in Richardson, TX on Saturdays? If so, that was me (real surprise, right?)
    Dinner was a BAS:chix tit (seasoned with cayenne, black pepper, garlic, thyme, and coriander), red leaf, roma tom, pickling cuke, strawberry, grapes, blackberry, and green bell, with a red wine garlic vinaigrette.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    SIL wanted a shorter walk on the grounds that we fell behind the group (a batch of runners,) so I compromised with her and we did a few sets of sprints "to catch up." So, all in all, no too shabby a workout (walking + sprints + arms/chest/ back/ shoulders earlier today). May do some yoga later tonight, may not. My neck's bugging me again, so I should.
    Went to Goodwill today and walked out with an armload of clothing for just over $20. Wearing a 4 now makes shopping so much easier, even if I do have to watch the shoulders and waistline (the two places that usually fit me the worst.) I'm still convinced that clothing makers say "chest, belly, shoulders, upper arms, pick any two" and "hips, ass, thighs, pick one."
    My Primal Battle Tome