Page 510 of 621 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 510

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey guess what? You have inspired me to start dry brushing again and I am loving it! Thanks!!! Hope the job works out exactly the way you wish it to. It is so frustrating trying to find the right work niche!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the job hunt. I don't know that I could work in a daycare. All that noise all day would drive me bonkers. I can't even have the exhaust fan going in the bathroom while I shower b/c the excess noise grates me. With that though, I don't like complete silence. I have to have *some* background noise - like music or a fan or rain or something - but I cannot have constant commotion. Overwhelms my senses. It REALLY irritates me when the dishwasher is running, DH has the tv on and turned up and is playing music on iTunes all at the same time. Too much stimulus vying for my attention.

Hopefully you land one of the engineer jobs since that's your field of study, isn't it?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The only thing I would find bad about working in daycare is that there is always someone sick at any given time. The teachers constantly have colds, runny noses, you name it. That would be a major downside for me.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I ended up being offered the job and turning it down, for 3 reasons:
    1) The main boss kept prying into my childhood after I mentioned "having a large part in raising my siblings," including prying into parts of it not related to childcare ("I get the feeling your mom was out of the picture.") I have no desire to deal with that day in and day out.
    2) "God," "He," or "Him" was the subject of a full 80% of the sentences she uttered, as well as indications that she believes God controls every little minutiae of every person's life. While that's great for her, I don't think I could handle hearing that day in, day out.
    3) The pay was barely above minimum wage, didn't even pay more than unemployment benefits.
    Aside from and with that, it's just been a craptastic day.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Hey guess what? You have inspired me to start dry brushing again and I am loving it! Thanks!!! Hope the job works out exactly the way you wish it to. It is so frustrating trying to find the right work niche!!
    Glad you enjoy it. I find it soothing. As to the job, I wish it paid more and was secular, but I know an engr related job is coming my way, eventually. the law of odds is in my favor
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Good luck with the job hunt. I don't know that I could work in a daycare. All that noise all day would drive me bonkers. I can't even have the exhaust fan going in the bathroom while I shower b/c the excess noise grates me. With that though, I don't like complete silence. I have to have *some* background noise - like music or a fan or rain or something - but I cannot have constant commotion. Overwhelms my senses. It REALLY irritates me when the dishwasher is running, DH has the tv on and turned up and is playing music on iTunes all at the same time. Too much stimulus vying for my attention.

Hopefully you land one of the engineer jobs since that's your field of study, isn't it?
    I can tolerate some background noise, especially child noise, simply because of my childhood. But there is always such a thing as too much background noise especially when it's a bunch of different kinds of noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    The only thing I would find bad about working in daycare is that there is always someone sick at any given time. The teachers constantly have colds, runny noses, you name it. That would be a major downside for me.
    That was a minor concern, and a small reason I'm glad I turned it down.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a religious person and I hate it when I'm bombarded with it (Facebook is terrible for this) which is precisely why my son did not go to the private preschool in town. I didn't want him coming home and spouting bible verses at me or scolding me for saying damn. I held out for a more difficult to obtain slot at the public preschool and I'm glad I did.

I could never work in a place like that. I would be a daily annoyance to me being forced to recognize a way of life I don't practice and question the validity of.

I'm glad it was an easy decision for you to make. I hope that an engineer position comes your way soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Concentrate on this, spammer! *makes vulgar crotch grabbing motion*
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Concentrate on this, spammer! *makes vulgar crotch grabbing motion*
    yes, and this right here is why you may want to consider another place of employment besides a daycare
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    well played sir. well played.

(totally kidding NK)