Page 507 of 621 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557607 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 507

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's amazing how much better I sleep with an eyemask and earplugs in. I barely registered Geek coming to bed and was up after 9 hrs, wide awake,which is unheard of on the weekend. Need to remember to use those more often.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    You;re still cool to me Naiad <3

Yeah, I feel your pain. I wish I could sleep with an eye mask but those things are itchy. I live in a paper-house and can hear the neighbours snore. I shit you not. Couldn't sleep today >;c

Plus they smoke. And I smell it in my room twice a day. Yep. Fuck my fucking life in the fucking ass.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    You;re still cool to me Naiad <3

Yeah, I feel your pain. I wish I could sleep with an eye mask but those things are itchy. I live in a paper-house and can hear the neighbours snore. I shit you not. Couldn't sleep today >;c

Plus they smoke. And I smell it in my room twice a day. Yep. Fuck my fucking life in the fucking ass.
    Try one of the contoured masks or one made of silk (Amazon for like $10 and silk filled too.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

What have I done this Sunday, y'all are all not asking? I finally cleaned up the doggy minefield in the backyard. My backyard is no longer shitstrewn!
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've been attempting this whole body brushing thing since Wednesday, mostly as an attempt to exfoliate and figuring the other purported benefits wouldn't be bad either. In short: softer skin (including the ankles you could use as sandpaper) and my cellulite in my thigh appears to be going away. Nothing else noted (well, maybe a few scars on my legs fading, but that could be my imagination), but I'll take those, especially since the body brush just feels good.
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    body brushing huh?? well you & sabine need to give us a lesson in how to do it "properly". I think it was sabine that started that. I'm all for softer skin & oh hell yeah on brushing away the cellulite that has taken up residence in my cheeks...& I ain't talking about the ones on my face!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I was originally using an old boar's hair hairbrush, but switched over to a cactus bristle body brush when I found one in the cabinet. Use long strokes, work your way from your ankles up. I've read that you're supposed to "brush towards your heart" for supposed chakra or chi, or WTF ever reasons, which strikes me as BS, but brushing upwards against gravity makes logical sense. Anyways, brush from the ankles up and the wrists in, always towards the chest, always starting with the ankles, always with long strokes.
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    it sounds like that would hurt...does it? Ok off to see if I can find a brush that would work so I can try this after I get out of the shower tonight. Or maybe before I get in the shower??
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 04-29-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Not to me, ut I have fairly tough skin. To me it just feels good. Start with the boar bristle hairbrush and work your way up to the actual body brush, if you're concerned.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Body brushing sounds awesome but I am not sure I would have the patience. Did I read correctly somewhere it should take 20 minutes or am I smoking crack?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony