Page 506 of 621 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 506

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Neti pot did most of it and the mucus pill kicked that last of it out. All better!
    I made myself a sundress!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I made myself a sundress!
    pics or gtfo...oh wait this is your journal. nvm
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    NK, You made a sundress? What a talent!

I guess I didn't realize sewing was a talent. It's kinda like building a model, except cloth and thread instead of balsa and glue.
    I'll put up a photo when I can be bother to crop it, etc, but it's an ankle length 50s style halter dress in a blue calico. It would've been done in 6 hrs had it not been in dire need of degimping after first try on. I looked like a renegade sister wife: even though I used my measurements, it was made for someone that would wear 2 sizes larger than me in the bodice and belly, and oddly shaped in the tits. So it took me an hour to fix that.
    Got an odd comment from SWG. He mentioned that I look like I've lost weight in the past several weeks (as in from around the time I started the new vitamin.) I haven't. If anything, I've gained. He also mentioned that my body had rearranged itself, packing more into the hips and legs ("quit with the leg presses or you'll break someone in half," apparently it looks more like muscle than flab), and my upper body (including chest) appears to have gotten smaller. I haven't really been eating any better. The only difference is the vitamin and I'm down to mostly one meal a day since I'm not at work.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

OH! I forgot to mention this episode of Science! With Food! Today was 3P chicken (baked chix tit, stuffed with smoked provolone, pulverized spinach, and prosciutto) with a side of Forgotten Rice, so named because with all the crap we put in it, you forget there's rice in there:Himalayan red rice, soy sauce (3 tbsp for easily 6 large svgs), olive oil, bacon, broccoli, green bell, onion, garlic, carrot, egg, and celery. Fairly primal, excluding the rice and soy sauce, and it was mostly veg, chix, and bacon.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah its weird. The weight I gained from the iodine seemed to make me look better. People kept saying..."you've lost more weight" Yet I was up 10 lbs.
    And yes sewing is a talent. In fact there was a place on the audition sheet last night that asked about other skills such as carpentry, painting, art and sewing.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah its weird. The weight I gained from the iodine seemed to make me look better. People kept saying..."you've lost more weight" Yet I was up 10 lbs.
    And yes sewing is a talent. In fact there was a place on the audition sheet last night that asked about other skills such as carpentry, painting, art and sewing.
    I can't sew, but carpentry, painting, set building was where I shined back in the day. I still love painting. Its very soothing to me. I have a fear of sewing machines. Long story.
    Georgette

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Cause you can see things 3Dish and cross your eyes! You;ve got these weird superpowers and a weapon (the clue bat)!
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Cause you can see things 3Dish and cross your eyes! You;ve got these weird superpowers and a weapon (the clue bat)!
    I wouldn't call a mostly 2D world a superpower, that might be my one weakness ("Hey, look, a wall"*WHUMP*.) It's easier to explain in person, but I'll try to do it on here. Have someone or something stand about five- ten feet away from away from something. You can tell that there's a distance between the person and the object, right, even without moving or previous knowledge? I can't. The person appears to be standing right in front of the object. In order for me to see "3D," I need a reference point. I need to look at the ground, wall, or ceiling to see how far away something is. I can't do it in blank space. If you ever walk with me, you'll note I watch the ground a lot. That's why.
    Pebbles- I've just never considered sewing to be a talent because it's always been there, kinda like being left handed. First time I used needle and thread, Mom was trying to sew a quilt on the machine (don't think she ever finished it) and I was just fucking around trying to do something with her scraps. I ended up making my youngest sister a tiny doll that has survived being a keychain since she had keys (with a few quick repairs.) I dunno, I guess it's a gift, just not one I think about, kinda like writing. That's always been there, too. I always thought you had to work at a talent to get anything worthwhile. To use a gift for anything other than fun or helping others for free just seems like cheating.
    Maybe it is the iodine. I had a niggling suspicion, but now I have another lab rat (Pebbles) with the same data. Huh. I also looked in the mirror and my belly's the flattest it's been in quite a while. Like I said, I haven't been particularly trying to eat well either. It's confusing, but I'll run with it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Today's food: 1 Ferrero Rocher, a handful of tortilla chips, chicharonnes, salsa, a cubic shit ton of melted jack cheese mixed with avocado, onions, and chorizo, Mexican rice, shrimp tacos on corn tortillas, and romaine lettuce, all made with either lard or butter, and a 2" cube of DP chocolate cake with rich as fuck chocolate frosting.
    My Primal Battle Tome