Page 505 of 621 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 505

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can't see 3D anything. 3D movies give me migraines from hell. When I was 4, I lost all muscle connections in both eyes and the doc had to go back in to surgically replace them. This is partially why I was in glasses, the help strengthen my eyes.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Dinner: tomatillo stew, with turnips in place of potatos and beef instead of pork. I added some paprika and cayenne to Dad's recipe, and think that really brought out the citrus note in the tomatillos. Will definitely want to add a little oregan and cumin, maybe a tetch of coriander next time.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My mother was born with a lazy eye that had to be surgically corrected, as did one of my sisters. I can cross my eyes, but those Magic Eye things are pure hell for me. I've gotten one to show up for me in my entire life. According to the eye doc, it's because of the adaptations I've made to be able to see 3Dish (my world is generally 2-D with a false 3rd dimension, hard to explain, think of those stereoscopic GIFs and you come close.) Anything that forces me to see true 3D, even if it's just a movie or a Magic Eye or anything like that confuses the hell out of the vision center of my brain and gives me a headache.
    I may not get much writing done today, as I'm gonig to the fabric store for pieces to Geek's and my costumes. The fabric store is a dangerous place for my wallet.
    Also, we're staying at a hotel that is physically connected to one of my favorite malls in Dallas while we're there and it's supposedly pretty damn swank. Not bad for what Hotwire had us pay.
    Still waiting on that damn phone call.
    OMG you're so cool O_O
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Meaty- you have me thoroughly confused. Hpw the blue hell does any of that make me cool?

Ugh. I really hope the Neti pot works, or I may hafta go to the doc with a sinus infection. It feels like someone's stabbing me above the left eye, occasionally alternating to below the left eye. Since I'm not keen on extraneous antibiotics, I'm going to take a mucus pill and Neti myself and hop e that kills whatever it is.
    In other news, I found some really great fabric yesterday, as well as a fabric in a tote here at the house that I'd completely spaced on. The costumes will come together in a matter of hours, excluding the embroidery on Geek's kurta. If I have enough of the cool fabric and my lining material, I making a sundress, since I can't seem to find one worth having in the stores even at full price.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Naiad -- Yesterday was in the upper 40's and lower 50's here. We had three fantastic hail storms! We probably could send you a few degrees less and at least one fun hail storm:-)

Keep the hailstorms, we get plenty of those. I'm actually not sure if it's dust or dings on my car from that last hail storm, and I'm afraid to wash her and find out.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    We've just had a lot of rain lately and we're getting more tomorrow. I'm tired of the rain and cold
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I am tired of the cold, but not yet ready for 90s or 100s. I'd be happy with mid to high 70s and mid to low 80s. Think we could arrange that?

It's supposed to rain here today and tomorrow. And of course, we're only in the upper 50's... not happy about it. Especially not happy with it considering DD's 2nd birthday party is supposed to be at a park this weekend!!

I hope you feel better soon, Naiad.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    ((healing)) Hope you are well soon!! wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for all of your advice and your generosity in sharing your wisdom.. I listened to everything everyone offerred and I am working a new plan that seems to be the right track for me. I appreciate your time, and effort on my behalf greatly

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Naiad, I've discovered that bumping up my vitamin D and taking garlic & organo oil helps a TON when my sinuses get angry.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly