Page 502 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 502

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Looks like we're back on for Scarborough Faire. I've talked Geek into doing the Indian aristocrat, minus the headgear. The hardest part of his costume will be finding the right fabric for his tunic. I'm still doing the belly dancer, but not the chainmail top. Doesn't work with his costume. Using the same top as last year and making myself some silk harem or fisherman pants.
    On that note, I need tighten my diet the hell up to make my body a bit more presentable in the next couple weeks. I'm not going Whole 30 on it, but it'll definitely be less lax than I have been. Out goes the corn, possibly rice, and hopefully a lot of the sugar. Doing Beef Vindaloo tonight, I'll prob saute some kale to eat mine over. I'm really going to have to work to get in my carbs.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I just dropped dairy, fruit and sweeteners for the next dance performance at the end of June.

I would love to go to the NY Ren Faire, but it is freaking expensive. We had a small one closer to our home which was great, but our first year was the last year they held it.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Just do not give me 10+ volumes of crap (*cough* I am talking to you ghost of Robert Jordan *cough*)
    Haha! I just read The Wheel of Time series for the first time last year and man that got boring after a while. I started skipping whenever the women spoke (seriously! I know how sexist this makes me sound, but I'm sure other readers of these novels understand). The guy who picked up after RJ died is really fixing things up though, I really liked the last two. I think there's only one more novel?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Man the only "faire" I've been to is King Richard's (held annually in Carver, MA). My boyfriend will not agree to "cosplay" or anything. I wore a punky-fairie outfit I made for Halloween when we went a couple of years ago, topped with some homemade purple and black polymer clay horns A yard of ale would probably kill me now though
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

We try to go to Scarborough every year. It's one of our traditions. It's not exactly cheap (hotel for a weekend+ 2 tanks of gas or more+ food+ entry fee+ whatever we buy), but I can think of worse ways to spend that money than on memories, homemade objects, and time with my family.
    Pebbles, I ain't dropping the fruit, as I have a sneaking suspicion that's how I'll get my carbs in. But I may drop some of the cruciferous veggies and dairy in the week running up to it for good measure.
    SWG got the results from the MRI back and it saw nothing. They're sending him to a neurologist. I may regret it, and I may not even be able to get anywhere with it, but I may (quietly, inobtrusively, and without his knowledge) try to do something to help him tonight. I've done it on others, but I've never really done it over a longer distance than across the house. We'll see.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Naiad, what fruits do you eat that don't cause insulin spikes? I gave up most fruits (except strawberries) because I'm afraid of both the insane carbs and the sugar...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Insulin spikes have never been an issue for me. The only things that do it to me are sugary things and pure unadulterated starch, like white bread or pasta. Apples, berries, cherries, and grapes are more friendly to me than taters or most other fruit, but that's marginal at best.
    As to the carb count, I'm not the best one to ask. I'm one of those freaks trying to stay between 75 and 150g.
    My Primal Battle Tome

hell, I'm way below 75 g a day... My carbs only come from veggies and strawberries. I bet I don't break 50 g a day.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    hell, I'm way below 75 g a day... My carbs only come from veggies and strawberries. I bet I don't break 50 g a day.
    Yeah, I hafta stay above 75g or my thyroid starts misbehaving and everything goes to hell.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yeah, I hafta stay above 75g or my thyroid starts misbehaving and everything goes to hell.
    I don't have any thyroid issues (that I know of) and quite honestly, I only really eat veggies at night with dinner (unless there's some for leftovers for lunch the next day). Protein and fat? I'm good at getting those in... lol