Page 501 of 621 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 501

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes and no. What y'all've seen so far is all from one book. I have a suspicion it may turn into a series, but right now, it's just the one.
    Ok, y'all appear to agree with me. I've always figured less than 50 pages is a short story, 50- 100, 150 pages is a novella, and beyond that, you get to call it a novel. I prefer to read stories that are at least 300-500 pages or longer, myself. I'm still easily in short story range, bu then again, I haven't hit a critical turning point yet, either.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Naiad! I found a park we have to go to sometime! Upper body workout from HELL...but it's FUN!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    I loved it! MOAR TEASERS!!! MOAR TEASERS AND BACON GREASE ON'EM!
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Glad you liked it, Meaty!
    Went out of town Fri with a couple of people from back in college to see our alma mater. They relived the glory days, I was reminded of why I was so happy to leave that town. I have precious few happy memories there. Didn't eat well that day, either. DQ for lunch (chix fingers, gravy, fries, cheesecake blizzard,) salmon, rice, baked tater with cheese and sour cream, and caesar salad for dinner, homemade pizza for Science! With Food! night.
    You'll note the lack of any fat in dinner. This lame steakhouse the originator of the trip HAD to go to "Proudly fried all their fried food in West Texas cottonseed oil." For those unaware, cottonseed oil is one of my worst sensitivities. I didn't even trust their margarine they called butter. Thankfully, I didn't pay, because that place was overpriced for the food they served, especially since I couldn't eat the stuff they were known for.
    After that embarrassment of a trip, I woke up feeling pretty crappy yesterday, partially because I think I was/ am coming down with something, and partly because mother nature came through a week early. So dinner was chix slathered in a bottled (Sooo not PB) Dr. Pepper Mesquite marinade and grilled, pepper poppers, and chix stock rice, with peach cobbler and DP choc cake for dessert.
    Didn't get to write Fri because of that trip, skipped out yesterday, working on it today. Got in a good 6,000 words regardless, this past week.
    No news yet on SWG, and the lack of news is rattling him.
    Idiot Dog is still being a golden child.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    uh oh naiad...hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    So glad to hear about Golden Dog (AKA Idiot Dog).

Hey, you guys in Texas come up with some strange food. Dr. Pepper mesquite marinade! Who would have thought? Bet you'll feel better this a.m. Some fat in there will probably get you going just right.

Planning on a quiet day. Going to stock up on some of the non-perishables I keep running out of. Seem to run out of stuff and then have to pick foods I don't really want.

Have a great day with just the food YOU want.

canio6 Guest
    According to the internets...

Short Story ~ 1,000 - 7,500 words
    Novellette~ 7,500 - 20,000 words
    Novella~ 20,000 - 50,000 words
    Novel ~ 50,000 -110,000
    Epics and Sequels ~ Over 110,000 words

Of course, much is dictated by market. Online publications, magazines (Asimov's, Fantasy & Sci-fi etc) and the like may have their own word count limits. Escape Pod an online audio cast of sci-fi stories has their own word count limits as well. I recall reading that when David Eddings was writing the Belgariad he planned for it to be three books. He had to make it 5 because the major book sellers of the day (B Dalton, Walden Books) would not sell fantasy novels over 300 pages. That said, now a days epics seem in vogue.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you felt so poorly this weekend. I'm glad it's behind you now so that you can get back to "normal". I'm feeling especially drowsy today as a result of carb overload this weekend (fried rice last night, gluten-free pizza Friday, french fries Saturday - yeah, I was a "bad girl"). Hopefully we'll both feel better soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks for all the warm wishes, y'all. I am feeling a lot better.
    ID was being a Golden Child until we had to tie her up again for digging under her Dogloo (Geek joked that she wanted a Snoopy style basement, because she's keeps trying and failing to lay on top of her doghouse) and starting to tear up another screen or the porch.
    Canio- I had checked the webs, and that was what I came up with as avg, just wanted people's personal takes on it.
    Get to feelnig better Jen.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Canio- I had checked the webs, and that was what I came up with as avg, just wanted people's personal takes on it.
    Ah, personal takes...novellas suck. They tend to be too long to be interesting but not long enough to develop characters etc. I had to cancel my subscription to Fantasy and Sci-fi as they were very novella heavy and even those winning awards were dull as hell. Short story writers seem to do a better job packing more into less. As for novels, I am easy assuming it is worth reading. Just do not give me 10+ volumes of crap (*cough* I am talking to you ghost of Robert Jordan *cough*)