Page 50 of 621 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 50

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
    L: leftover Philly innards, sans cheese
    D: Rotisserie chicken drumsticks, thighs, back, and one wing.

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
    Walked around at lunch barefoot for a while. Got one "Are you ok, miss?" and one "Hey, baby" in 15 min. Par for the course.

3. Lift heavy things.
    Nope

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
    Sprinted across the road and some really hot asphalt a couple times.

5. Get lots of sleep.
    6.5 hrs + 1.5 hr nap after work

6. Play.
    Nothing really

7. Get some sunlight every day.
    Vit D 8K IU, face and hands for 15 min at noon

8. Avoid trauma.
    Actually, I think part of my tooth jaw problems is that I may have started grinding my teeth at night. I noticed the worst pain was when I woke up. I went and got one of those mold-your-own night mouthpieces. We'll see if that fixes it ,or if I wasted $18.

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    Possibly some of the seasoning on the chicken, but no biggie.

10. Use your mind.
    Not really. I was exhausted at work.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Naiad,

On #8, if you thing you have been grinding your teeth...you probably have ;-)
    And there's been no shortage of stress in your life, lately.
    I think that might well have been a wise observation and investment.

So, I've decided to start having some fun with boss's boss. Regular readers know that he has been refusing to acknowledge my existence for quite sometime now, including never saying hello AT ALL. Well, being the friendly, cheerful naiadknight, I've started forcing conversations on him. Not the standard office drudgery "hello" but an irritatingly cheerful "Hi, [boss's boss]" and an irritatingly chipper "How's your day been? [blah,blah,blahhisresponse] Mine's been good. Enjoying my work. Talk to you later!" Think overly happy, peppy cheerleader or waitperson. If he wants to play mind games, I can run rings around him. My mother used all the worst ones on me and I've learned to turn them against her, so after determining his MO (silent treatment and abandonment) I can play his game against him. Not using his tactics (Never argue with a fool, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience), but by using the psych warfare that only the irritating chipper can pull off: sheer cheer and (dare I say it) joy in the face of a royally fucked up situation. Do I actually feel that way? Only when it bothers him. But, hey, I wasn't in the only UIL one act play from my school that advanced (ever) for no reason. Drama? Honey, I can ham it up with the best of them. Including irritatingly cheerful.
    *Fair warning: This irritating cheerfulness may bleed over into MDA while I toy with him. You have been advised. Ignore me as necessary.*
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I think that is a awesome ideal, go get 'em naiad!
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    It's so much fun to toy with dumb people, but it's not really nice to, unless they so richly deserve it.
    Go get 'em ;-)

Welp, it's Friday. yayyy. *waves flag* I don't wanna be here and I can't really inflict torture on him unless he steps out of his corner office.
    It's so mind numbingly boring to replicate old plans. I mean, mother of god, is it boring. Unfortunately, it's not rote copying, because I have to decipher WTH these old detail markers mean and then compare an under detailed layout to an under detailed detail, try and calculate a number that I hope is accurate
    , and then draw it into AutoCAD using some of the most basic commands. I'm using my brain, but in a rather frustrating way. I know it's just a preface to doing the actual engineering and I need to know/ have the on hand to do the engineering and create the sheet, but still, geez.
    Oddly enough, I'm actually in a good mood. Bored as hell, but in a pretty good mood.
    I slept relatively well last night. I apparently spit my mouthguard out in my sleep at one point, but I woke up and found it and went back to sleep. It seems to be working, which means this job is worse for my health than I originally thought. Got 7 hrs.
    My Primal Battle Tome

And there goes my good mood, right out the window. I'm trying to find it again, but it's being persnickety. Found out my grandmother is now on a morphine drip for the pain, which means I need to scrape together the funds for a trip to Dallas next weekend. Cheapie hotel. Gas. Food. Fuck. I hate traveling, I hate traveling to see dying relatives, and I hate traveling broke the most. This day deserves a good Fukitol all around. And my bitch isn't in the office, so I can't go irritate him.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm not hungry, I'm bored and emotional. Just waiting for my body to catch a clue. No, I don't care that it's lunchtime and the hallway smells like food. You feel that nonexistent hunger? I'm not hungry.
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    sorry bout your G-ma.

Lunch sucks. You dont want lunch.

Got plans for dinner?

Apparently it's fish and whatever veggies I scare up. I'm eating with friends so the ringleader chose fish.
    It's my grandmother's last days. She's hallucinating sometimes, and has periods where she's just not lucid and is eating very little. Just hang on until I can get there, grandma. I want to say good bye. Just hang on....
    My Primal Battle Tome