Page 5 of 621 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 5

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday was .7 lb ribeye smothered in a butter/ sesame oil/ garlic mix, then grilled with applewood chips, 2 jalapenos wrapped in bacon and slow grilled, 2 babybels, 1/2 slice muenster, 2 c whipped heaven with 4 strawberries and a handful of blueberries, and (splurge) whole milk chai latte at fourbucks. I shouldn't have, but I don't feel guilty. It's less sugary, without the coffee, which makes it better for my system than most crap they have. Went to walmart today and got some tanks and cardigans so I can wear my sundresses to work. Cleaned up my lab ~ 1.5 hr. Will finish Husband's ren faire costume this week (I have to, we leave town Friday.) Thankfully, I've made the doublet and the shirt, now I just have to decipher patternese for the pants. Will probably make muslin tomorrow so I don't flub on the velvet- suede stuff.

Down to 119.4. Crock pot pork, red chile, spinach, iceberg lettuce, 1 tomato, 1/8 cuke, 1 wheat tortilla (handmade), 1/2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp raspberry jelly, 1/2 c chocolate cake, and 1 sugar waffle cone last night. WTF?! I can't explain, won't try to, just relishing that I'm actually lower than 120 lb.
    IF til dinner, jury duty this morning, walked around for 45 min, field work for flooding this afternoon, but no Vit D b/c it's threatening to rain.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    naiad,
    Mega-congrats on your milestone. You're ROCKIN' IT!

Hooter's Bleu cheese burger with bacon and grilled onions + iceberg lettuce and tomato slice for dinner, along with a few bites of fried pickles. French fries tasted downright disgusting, mealy and cloyingly tasteless. Good to know. Ate sliver of sock it to me cake (as in 1/24 of bundt cake) to celebrate coworkers' birthday. Wouldn't have eaten it, but boss's boss was standing right there and it was political to eat a little. Don't need to give him reason to single me out.
    Walked with sister in law for a mile, 12 laps around an indoor track gets boring damn quick. Must find something else that she will do that's not chronic cardio.

Joined Meaty's Ultimatum:
    1)Meat, fish, veggies, fruit, dairy, oil ONLY
    2) work out at least 5 days a week.
    3) 24 hr fasts at least twice a week (Saturday and Sunday don't count)
    4) No freaking out about lack of nutrients or o3: o6. No worrying about things that'll even themselves out.
    Added for me
    5) sledgehammer as per standards set previously (14 min M-F)
    6) Relieve stress without taking it out on my body... (I tend to internalize stress until I get sick or hurt myself due to tense muscles.
    7) Sprint, dammit. No excuses.

At work, actually feeling pretty good. Confident, self- assured, downright happy. So this is what a working thyroid and enough selenium feels like....
    Will apply for that job with my home city. Boss is of the nitpicky sort, but it's the mark of a good engineer. If I get it, my commute goes from 30- 40 min to 10-15. I'll probably lose my flex time and will have to start all over. I'm hesitant, though, because staying at two jobs in a row for less than two years each looks REALLY bad on a resume' and I'm just below the qualifications. That and my father- in - law worked there for 20 years and made several enemies, so my last name may count against me. Should I wait? Should I go for it? Am I waffling over something innately stupid?

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    I didn't know you had a journal!!!! >:0

Yay, for our joint, international (sorta) Ultimately Ultimate Challenge of Ultimatums!
    I'll be checking up on you and yelling at you, if necessary, so stay spotless :P

I think you should go for it. I doubt anyone really notices small details like how long you've worked for, especially since two years is a long time, it's not like you quit after a week (which I have done before) :]
    There's nothing suckier than a long commute, the prospect of cutting it in half and maybe meeting cooler people should be enough to convince you to go for it.
    Either way, you can apply and work your way from there!

Good luck on the challenge, Blondie!
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Fajitas for lunch: 2.5 oz chix breast, 2.5 oz skirt steak, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/4 onion, lime juice, 1/2 c guac, 1/2 c iceberg, 1/4 c pico de gallo, 1/4 corn tortilla worth of chips (I ate only the really tiny ones) and 1/12 c salsa. Iced Tea w/ lemon (1/8 lemon worth juice.)
    +1 mug oolong, +1 mug white.

Flub 1: minuscule amount of tortilla chip. Negligible carbs, but it's still a grain. action should have occurred: popped rubber band and left them alone. Effect: negligible
    Last edited by naiadknight; 05-25-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Sledgehammer 14 min. Created an exercise that seems pretty murderous: holding sledge by top of handle by one hand, circle it clockwise with hammer head near shoulders about a foot out until you reach front or back. Two hands until side is reached. release first hand. Other hand until back or front is reached, two hands/ One rep is when you reach your first starting position. 7 each way. Works muscles I forgot I had.

Yoga, 1 hr. First ever yoga class. Definitely different. Some of them the instructor was saying "you'll feel a stretch here," I go all the way down and the stretch I feel is skin to skin. I'll go back, it's an interesting concept. Made my pulled hip flexor shut up for a little while, which is worth it there.
    Caldo de Mariscos for dinner, 3 cups. + magnesium/ zinc x2, + selenium
    Chron- o- meter for day:
    Cal: 1278
    fat: 83
    Prot: 84
    carb: 51
    Missing nutrients with amt missing:
    Folate 38%, thiamine 68%, riboflavin 9%, Pantothenic acid 20%, Vit E 46%, Ca 64%, Fe 57%, Ma 49%, K 42%; o3: o6:: 1:4

no sledgehammer today. Still sore from yesterday. Nasty beast of a headache too.

Page 5 of 621 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast