Page 499 of 621 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 499

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Then you MUST read The Hunger Games! It is a fast mover. I loved it. I read the 2nd one faster, but that might have been b/c I had more time while I was reading that... there were a couple of days where I blew off work and read at my desk... oops. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Then you MUST read The Hunger Games! It is a fast mover. I loved it. I read the 2nd one faster, but that might have been b/c I had more time while I was reading that... there were a couple of days where I blew off work and read at my desk... oops. lol
    I've done that with a few books, generally right as I hit the last half of the book. If it's a particularly good (really long) book, I've been known to clock 18 hrs straight on it, reading it through meals, in the car, while everyone else watches the tube, skipping favorite shows and blowing off friends. I think the last one I did that for was rereading the Dark Tower series.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Tristan read The Hunger Games in 4 days and Caitlyn actually finished it. Caitlyn NEVER reads let alone finishes a book. I may start reading it shortly. My legs are whiter then white so I may take an hour or 2 a day and sit outside and read and get a tan.
    Georgette

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    he hey! I'm poking my head in here to see if it is safe to come out?
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

C'mon in, dude! You're always welcome here.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

1,575 words today + grocery shopping + sleep catch-up. Spag for dinner, not sure if I'll do the rice/ corn noodles or zuke noodles. Requested an unemployment payment. Will check the career sites this evening.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    This whole writing thing feels... right. Like it's something I'm supposed to do and have been avoiding. I remember the fairy tales I heard as a kid where if you didn't do what your fate was, the entire world conspired to make you do it.
    I feel a bit jealous at this...I'm 41 and I still don't really know "what I want to do when I grow up" .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    I feel a bit jealous at this...I'm 41 and I still don't really know "what I want to do when I grow up" .
    Yeah, but the thing that feels right doesn't pay until the book's done and unemployment doesn't cover all the bills.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    36 here and in the same boat.
    Georgette

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Yeah, but the thing that feels right doesn't pay until the book's done and unemployment doesn't cover all the bills.
    And that's why I'm still at my current part-time job. It pays the bills and leaves me the time to do other, more interesting things (like a webdesign course and bakery-school and a little side business) .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)