Page 495 of 621 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 495

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Tarot decks are finally talking. I can't say whether it was because I could finally ground myself properly (done within sacred space with a freshly cleansed deck), or if things finally lined up enough to where it could give me an answer, but they were good readings.
    The first was that I would finally get what Ive been needing/ wanting, that my chickens were finally coming home to roost. IT essentially stated that what I've worked so hard for and sent so much energy out to find is finally coming to me.
    The other was about justice done, albeit delayed, that I'd finally get what I deserve, and happiness and "you can't always get what you want/ but if you try sometimes/ you get what you need."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

adr617 is offline Member
    Hey there. I saw a post on the grokette forum. I'm 5'1'' and just started eating primally a couple weeks ago. I probably could read through your entire 500+ page journal, but I thought I would just ask you the questions I'm looking for... Anyways, I'm curious how you're doing with primal weight loss. Did you restrict calories or just eat until you felt good? How about exercise? Protein intake? Carbs? I like to hear about how other small women do with primal.

Thanks
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

Welcome, ADR. I've tweaked mine significantly to match what my body needs, especially since have hypothyroidism and a couple of genetic factors that screw with me when it comes to losing weight. I don't want you to start off with those, because what works for me may not work for you.
    What did work, prior to a year and a half of tweaking and n=1 experiments:
    1) Keeping carbs between 50-100g. The sweet spot, for my body, is 75g.
    2) Because of a sensitivity to most bad fats, I have an aversion to greasy foods. Thus, it's particularly rare for me to just eat fat on it's own, leaving my fats at 80-100g per day.
    3) Don't bother counting calories. Your body will let you know when you've eaten enough and you need to eat again. If you aren't hungry (not snacky, not mouth hungry, but lioness going in for the kill hungry), don't eat. Eat until you're sated when you are hungry.
    4) At my height, body fat percentage, and weight, my protein needs came out to roughly 90-110g.
    5) Eat a wide variety of things, otherwise, you get bored and veer into dangerous territory.
    6) Lift heavy objects. Barbie weights don't count. Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, and the PBF are all really good for that.

(As an aside, I too started off with a goal of 110, coming down from about where you are now. Never hit, never want to, now. At 110, I was a toothpick with no musculature to speak of, back in college. 120 is abt ideal for me. I recommend keeping your eye on 110, but stop when you are happy with your body. The numbers don't mean squat, if your body's right.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    How did you get into tarot cards? Just curious. I've always wanted a reading done, just never tried it or known of anyone who has done that before?
    Georgette

Hey look, another godsdammed spammer. That's not getting old...

Geo-
    I experimented with a roommate's deck back in college. I'd been working with the playing card version and a few other forms of divination (water scrying, usually), but had never worked with the Tarot. I couldn't her Ryder-Waite deck to work for me for shit. Can't use that deck to this day, it just won't talk to me. Using her deck, I was able to get a reading on par with what I usually get from scrying, with far less effort. Upon that realization, the next time I was in Half Price Books, I checked out their decks, saw one that appealed to me, and it's one I use to this day. I have 3 different ones, because generally, if one deck won't talk, one of the other 2 will. I have one I generally start with and exchange it out from there.
    I could do one for you, if you want. Just PM me a question or path to ask about, and I'll PM you back what I get. Or FB msg. Either way.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I sent you a message.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OOOh Go Geo! It should be interesting. Hope you get some answers.

adr617 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Welcome, ADR. I've tweaked mine significantly to match what my body needs, especially since have hypothyroidism and a couple of genetic factors that screw with me when it comes to losing weight. I don't want you to start off with those, because what works for me may not work for you.
    What did work, prior to a year and a half of tweaking and n=1 experiments...

(As an aside, I too started off with a goal of 110, coming down from about where you are now. Never hit, never want to, now. At 110, I was a toothpick with no musculature to speak of, back in college. 120 is abt ideal for me. I recommend keeping your eye on 110, but stop when you are happy with your body. The numbers don't mean squat, if your body's right.)
    Thanks for your experience-based knowledge! It's helpful to see what worked for someone else. Did you keep track of your carbs? I eat quite a bit of vegetables, but hardly any fruit. I might actually be eating too few carbs. Not sure if that's going to hinder anything. I feel fine...
    I do need to start lifting. I'm good at slow-moving activities, but I have a hard time getting into the heavy lifting. Brings me back to the days of obsessive gym-going. I might buy a pull-up bar for home soon.

You're right about weight. I think I do want to be around that weight, but I do need to pay attention to how I feel & look in my skin. When I weighed 115, I ran my fastest mile. I also didn't budge from that point for a LONG time. I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks again!
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I experimented with a roommate's deck back in college. I'd been working with the playing card version and a few other forms of divination (water scrying, usually), but had never worked with the Tarot. I couldn't her Ryder-Waite deck to work for me for shit. Can't use that deck to this day, it just won't talk to me. Using her deck, I was able to get a reading on par with what I usually get from scrying, with far less effort. Upon that realization, the next time I was in Half Price Books, I checked out their decks, saw one that appealed to me, and it's one I use to this day. I have 3 different ones, because generally, if one deck won't talk, one of the other 2 will.
    naiad...I have the Robin Wood's deck. Its the one that speaks to me the best & is a very cool deck. I have quite a few others...a celtic dragon deck (I love dragons)...a shapeshifter deck...I very seldom use them. I also have a Daughter's of the Moon deck, all about the sacred feminine, again one I don't use very often. Also a deck of Medicine cards...based on the Indian's use of power animals....awesome awesome deck. Then I have several oracle decks...mostly by Doreen Virtue...I absolutely love them. I have kinda gotten out of the habit of using my cards, but am trying to get my focus back on doing some "internal" work. I'm thinking that will also help me become more grounded & help my efforts to continue on the primal path.

Kewl that we have that in common!! Have a great evening!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I have one stylized deck loosely based on the Rider- Waite that works wonders for me, a Celtic deck, and a Enchantress (feminine secrets) deck. If I can find it, I have a straight dragon deck that I really love too. I've never found an oracle deck I care for, not for lack of trying. Most of them are too mystical and mumbo jumbo for my tastes.
    My Primal Battle Tome