Page 494 of 621 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504544594 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 494

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dinner: Madras curry with sauteed kale and cinnamon rice.
    Dessert: strawberries and blueberry poor man's whipped heaven.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    nd...what is poor man's whipped heaven?? sounds sooooo good!!! And I just bought some strawberries!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Poor Man's Whipped Heaven
    1 oz cream cheese
    1/2 c heavy cream

Beat to stiff peaks. Devour with berries.

Variations:
    Blueberry poor man's whipped heaven: add 1 tbsp primal friendly blueberry jam prior to whipping
    pumpkinberry poor man's whipped heaven: add 1 tbsp primal friendly jam and 2 tbsp pumpkin puree prior to whipping
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    that sounds delicious!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Iodine - 150iu is the RDA minimum, which most of us think we get through salt but often don't.

Well, whatever the reason, glad you are feeling good. I am looking forward to reading your book so...cracks whip

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    thanks nd! gonna mix some up later!! you could add almost anything! maybe a little melted dk. choco?? *drools*
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    OMG, we used to make that back in home ec eons ago. So good!
    Georgette

Melted chocolate just granulates and creates little bbs of chocolate. Cocoa powder is the best thing in it since blackberries.
    Paula-
    I generally avoid salt, where I can, as I detest the taste of it 90% of the time. So I figured I didn't have enough in my system, esp with a wacko thyroid. I've avoided taking supplements up til now because I figured there was a 50/50 shot it could fuck with my thyroid and make it worse.
    I was out of vitamins and this was the only whole foods one Walgreens had, so I decided to give it a shot. Got it home, saw that it had iodine in it, and decided to go with it and see what happens. So far, my only "complaint" is that it's damn near impossible for me to sleep over 8 hrs.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well, whatever the reason, glad you are feeling good. I am looking forward to reading your book so...cracks whip
    Yes, Ma'am! I have no more excuses (except cleaning up doggy landmines in the backyard, and that ain't happening), so I may spend the rest of the workday writing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Idiot Dog is mostly whippet, if not purebred. If she has any collie in her, it doesn't show. As she ages, she looks more and more like a whippet. As she ages, she shows more and more whippet personality markers, including chewing, bouncing, and sighthounding, as well as not fetching.
    If she is as much whippet as we believe, she will chew anything that doesn't chew back until abt 2 or 3. It's in their personality, genetic. They also aren't guard or alert dogs and are meant to be indoor animals, which we've seen.
    If we had known she was whippet mix and not "border collie mix," we wouldn't have gotten her. Our home is not a good fit for her and it is unfair to try and make her deny her genetics.
    We are going to try bitter apple spray and citronella to ward her from chewing. If that doesn't work, I'm taking her to the no-kill shelter in the area. I hate giving up on her like that, but as much as I love her, I can't afford to keep repairing everything she chews on, I can't keep the muzzle on her 24-7, and it's unjust to her to make her deny those instincts.
    My Primal Battle Tome