Page 492 of 621 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 492

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    NK, Saw the reports of tornados in Texas. I actually looked at a map to see where you were in relation to Dallas. Far enough away, I think. I know it has been said before, but Texas is BIG. Anyway, I hope all is well with you and yours.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Dallas is 6 hrs away from here. We're fine, didn't catch any of it. I need to call my folks and see how they fared (they live in Dallas), but no news is good news with my family.
    Finished weeding the backyard, started picking up all of Idiot Dog's land mines. Went to throw the bags in the dumpster only to find that the city hasn't been by yet today and someone filled it to the gills with lawn clippings, dirt, and branches before anyone else could actually throw away any household trash. If I could pinpoint which of the 4 houses it was, I'd like go give them an earful.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    one near me!!! touchdown.

WTF?! TWC won't let me file unemployment online, saying I need to call their damn land line and set it up that way. Ooooh I'm pissed, especially since I just called and my goddammed goat fucking piece of shit phone hung up on them for me while I was giving them the information after being on hold for 10 min.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    WTF?! TWC won't let me file unemployment online, saying I need to call their damn land line and set it up that way. Ooooh I'm pissed, especially since I just called and my goddammed goat fucking piece of shit phone hung up on them for me while I was giving them the information after being on hold for 10 min.
    That's how it is in OH. I'm in the process of debating on whether its going to be worth it for me to apply right now or what I should do. I'm getting to the point where I keep thinking fuckitall and leave the state and seeing if finding work elsewhere would be a good idea.
    Georgette

Omifuckingods! It booted me because it didn't recognize the name change to my married name when I asked it to change it. Grrr. Now I hafta apply for work on their moronic website where the most difficult thing listed is rig hand. And I can't even apply for payments until tax day. Useless piece of shit.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Unemployment compensation is probably the worst piece of BS in this country. I hate dealing with all their crap.
    Georgette

From being pissed as all hell to being somewhat elated. The City (yes, the one I once worked for) is now hiring again for my exact job that I once did there. I applied for it. I now have applications for the same job at both cities.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome news!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great news! Keep us posted. Sending thoughts to both cities to offer you a job so you can pick the one you like most:-)