Page 489 of 621 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 489

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So glad you're joining.

Love your food. Those bacon burgers look yummy, and I don't even like ground meat.

So, okay, I love pecans, so you could pretty please post that recipe too. Wonder if you could use dates instead of sugar?

Yep, #1 is the stinker.

I take it Idiot Dog is still being her wonderful self?

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I applied to join. Let me in!
    Had bacon burgers and pepper poppers for dinner, and a primalish (sugar, but nothing else unprimal) dessert: chocolate pecan flourless shortbread.
    I can already hear the requests for my bacon burger recipe, but fair warning, you need a grinder for it.
    Bacon Burgers
    4 lb chuck roast, chopped
    4 slices bacon, chopped
    1 head garlic, husked and whole
    1 egg
    salt and pepper
    Toss all but the egg together. Run it through the grinder on a coarse grind. Mix well, add the egg, and knead, mix to combine. Run through the grinder on a fine grind. Shape into 1/2 lb patties. Serves 8-10.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 04-01-2012 at 07:47 AM.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Idiot dog is finally starting to be truly submissive and mostly behave. We even dropped a pepper popper on the floor last nigh while grilling and she looked at us to see if she could have it before even attempting to go for it.
    Had it been just me, I'd've left out the sugar completely, as it's plenty sweet from the nuts and chocolate already. Recipe was adapted from a recipe I found in a cookbook.
    Pecan Chocolate Chip Shortbread
    2 sticks butter, softened
    1 3/4 c almond (or pecan flour)
    1/2 c toasted pecan flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 c confectioner's sugar (I'd leave this out)
    1 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325*. Mix all but the chocolate chips together well with your fingertips or a pastry brush, until the mixture holds together. Stir in the chocolate chips and smear into a baking dish (I used a 9x13, but I like my shortbread thick. If you want it thin, go for a lasagna pan.) Pop it in the oven for at least 20 min. Mine took closer to half an hour. You want the center puffy and the edges browned. Remove from the oven. Heat another cup of chocolate chips in a baggie in the microwave until melted. Snip a corner of the baggie and use that as a piping bag to pipe the chocolate over the shortbread. Cut into pieces while still warm. Let cool for at least half an hour so it sticks together, unless you want to eat it with a fork.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    oh yumm...the bacon burgers sound delish! I'm going to watch for a roast on sale & try this! I imagine they're awesome on the grill! Thanks for sharing the recipe as well as the one for the shortbread. Am gonna try that one for this coming weekend...we're doing a family thing for Eastah & need to take a dessert so that sounds great!

btw...you're in!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Today's exercise:schlepping 40 lb of dog food to and from the car on one shoulder, carting a week's worth of groceries to and from the car in one trip, possibly chasing Niece around the backyard later.
    Today's food: Whatever MIL cooks. Sunday's are beggar's choice for dinner, but I'll see if I can't primalize it or at least raid the fridge for more vegetation.
    "Alanar" beckons. I need to transfer it to my tablet so I can work on it at my in-laws' place tonight after playing with Niece and eating.
    It's a Sunday and my Tarot decks are still being irritating obtuse and cryptic with the whole job thing, so I'm tossing that to one side until tomorrow.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    oh yumm...the bacon burgers sound delish! I'm going to watch for a roast on sale & try this! I imagine they're awesome on the grill! Thanks for sharing the recipe as well as the one for the shortbread. Am gonna try that one for this coming weekend...we're doing a family thing for Eastah & need to take a dessert so that sounds great!

btw...you're in!
    That's what we did, was grill them. The shortbread is awesome, but if you're making it for someone other than other primal, leave half the sugar in. They'll likely think it bland if you don't.
    Yay, I'm in!
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    ok will do on the sugar thing.

oooooo someone else who loves the tarot! I'm still a rank newbie at it...& I also have some oracle cards that I love love love! That's also part of my goals for April...to get back in touch with that side of myself. I've neglected it for far too long & I don't know why since it makes me happy!! That has to be 'nourished' just as much as the physical self!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Yesterday:
    1) Had a lot of fun at the in-laws. I love them dearly, and depending on what Mom's done recently, I love them more than my own blood kin. I do seem to be relaxing more in groups without a job, but a long the same lines, it's hard not to get depressed. I think part of it is shame (we have one of the best economies in the nation right now and I've managed to get laid off not once but twice, from places that should've been in the bag long term careers ), and part of it is the knowledge that I could have had a job a week ago, had I been willing to go oilfield and never sleep or go home again.
    2) Only 200 words on "Alanar" yesterday.
    3) Sunday.
    My Primal Battle Tome

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, I wish I had something amazing to say along the job front lines, but after being unemployed forever myself and only recently employed finally I can commiserate on how depressing it can get. We were almost to the point of homelessness but survived barely after spending every penny of our savings. Just don't give up and positive thoughts are being sent your way!

Your writing a book? Thats is awesome!!!!!
    Last edited by longing2bfit; 04-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am so excited for you about writing the book. Way to turn something bad to something good.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am so excited for you about writing the book.
    You and me both.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony