Page 488 of 621 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538588 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 488

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i hate revisions, but maybe you could go back to that post and change it. it wouldn't do anything about the current spammers, but you could prevent future ones from quoting that particular post.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    No, because they'd find one fro ma darker time in my life than that. That one just pisses me off, as opposed to depressing me. Ange up there can kiss my shiny metal ass.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    G-d, do I need you here today.

We have a duplex next to us -- less than 10 feet -- and have always had horrid neighbors. The landlady is just clueless about people. Anyway, the new one has a brewery in her basement (that's not the bad part:-) -- that's the cool part), but anyway, she is up at all hours and had a party that lasted all night long -- loud, more than annoying. My bedroom window is about 6 feet from her side porch where all the smoking -- thus partying -- goes on. I even turned the light on several times. They didn't get it and kept talking at the top of their lungs -- drunk. So, I get up this a.m. ready to move, take a rifle and tell them how I feel, tattletale and call the landlady, etc. etc. What I really need is you to go over there with me and be tough. I am tough but not that way tough. So, can you get Gay Panda on his iodine to levitate you here and help me take care the vermin next door? They are too many for one me.

BTW, I don't even own a rifle. It was the image I was going for.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-31-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Hrmm... My take, personally, would be to wait until they're mostly sobered up, and then calmly head over there. "Excuse me. I realize y'all had a blast with y'all's party last night, and there will likely be more parties to come. I will request that you bear in mind that you aren't the only person living on the premises. If y'all can't keep the noise level down to something sane where I can sleep- difficult, I know, when it's a good party- I'll be forced to do one of 3 things: report you to the landlady, report you to the cops, or break your still. Thank you." Turn around, leave, most likely leaving neighbor with a hooked fish look on her face.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    personally I'd just call the po po (cops) & let them deal with it. It may even be illegal where you are to have a still...& I wonder if the land lady knows whats going on on her property? The cops might just inform her.

that way you're out of it...of course you didn't ask my opinion...sorry...
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

There were too many people over there for me to go over. Got myself in a muddle and then realized that it wasn't my problem to deal with. The woman who moved in is a total stranger. The landlady is responsible for her tenants. So, I said to myself that I had enough to deal with, bit the bullet, and called the landlady. We had a wonderful talk and she was so happy I had called. Within less than an hour, she had talked to the other tenants, called the noisy lady and told her she had a responsibility to the other half of the duplex and the neighbors and told her she had a cut off time for noise in our city, and that smokers were to go to the back alley to smoke. Wow! The landlady is quite an old lady, but I guess she took care of that.

Wow! I said No and dealt with something icky I didn't want to deal with all in one day. That's a relief. Were it as easy to get rid of spammers who are annoying you. You and primalcajun definitely gave me the courage to deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hrmm... My take, personally, would be to wait until they're mostly sobered up, and then calmly head over there. "Excuse me. I realize y'all had a blast with y'all's party last night, and there will likely be more parties to come. I will request that you bear in mind that you aren't the only person living on the premises. If y'all can't keep the noise level down to something sane where I can sleep- difficult, I know, when it's a good party- I'll be forced to do one of 3 things: report you to the landlady, report you to the cops, or break your still. Thank you." Turn around, leave, most likely leaving neighbor with a hooked fish look on her face.

I can comfortably say I would like your opinion on just about anything always. Yep.

Well that's one issue taken care of. My husband's going over politely next time (if there is a next time). You actually wouldn't want my husband in your face if you didn't know him. He's six foot six inches and has this incredibly deep voice when he's pissed. Funny part is that he wouldn't hurt a fly. Didn't want to talk to neighbors either although he definitely will next time. I think he knew I could handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    personally I'd just call the po po (cops) & let them deal with it. It may even be illegal where you are to have a still...& I wonder if the land lady knows whats going on on her property? The cops might just inform her.

that way you're out of it...of course you didn't ask my opinion...sorry...

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    hey naiad...i started a group for all us "stressers"...a bunch of us have decided to do a "redo" & a "stress free month" for April. We are totally going to try & not worry about the scale or anything else that may be causing us stress & interfering with our primal journey. If you'd like to join us there we'd love to have you. Its all about supporting each other & having some fun too!

Let me know if you need to know how to find the group.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I applied to join. Let me in!
    Had bacon burgers and pepper poppers for dinner, and a primalish (sugar, but nothing else unprimal) dessert: chocolate pecan flourless shortbread.
    I can already hear the requests for my bacon burger recipe, but fair warning, you need a grinder for it.
    Bacon Burgers
    4 lb chuck roast, chopped
    4 slices bacon, chopped
    1 head garlic, husked and whole
    1 egg
    salt and pepper
    Toss all but the egg together. Run it through the grinder on a coarse grind. Mix well, add the egg, and knead, mix to combine. Run through the grinder on a fine grind. Shape into 1/2 lb patties. Serves 8-10.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In keeping with everything about me, I can't half ass anything until I'm halfway done and the exciting part is over, leaving only the boring, humdrum grind work. Because of that, I refused to hold off on my three April resolutions any longer.
    1) Quitcher damn stressing! No work, so money's short, but no work stress either. Use that to truly relax. Treat it as a (cheapass) vacation.
    2) Remember that book you've been wanting to write since you learned to read? This is your shot. Take it, use it, and go for broke. Run with it! Just don't let it interfere with #1.
    3) Jobless? Not if I have anything to say about it. Get on that job hunt like your life depends on it (hint: it does.) Just try not to let it interfere with #1.
    In keeping with that, each day (that I remember or don't just pass right the fuck out) I'll make a log of how I did on each of those. Exception granted to job hunting on weekends.
    1) It was Game Night. I got a bit miffed when SWG didn't come help me bake like he usually does, but he is mixing with the group a little better now, so it didn't bug me much beyond "this is what we do while they play! hrmph. Oh well, where'd I put those chocolate chips." Beyond that, fairly stress free. I really need to cut back on the sugar though, as that is a bodily stressor (throw me up, toss me down.) Variance noted, put to one side to deal with later.
    2) 1,008 words on "Alanar".
    3) It's the weekend.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 04-01-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome