Page 484 of 621 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 484

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    For all wings I make: marinate wings with olive and garlic for 30 min, then grill til almost done. Sauce, nuke for 45s, and serve.
    Parmesan Garlic Sauce
    1 head garlic
    1/3c olive oil
    1/3c Parmesan "sawdust" (preground in a canister)
    1/4c italian seasoning
    1/4 c water
    Puree together

Spicy Garlic

4 tbsp sriracha
    1 head garlic pureed
    1/4 c olive oil
    enough water to make a slurry
    Thanks hun. May try this out this week.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In this corner, we haveNaiadknight, 5'2" and 125 lb, defending champion of the Lawn Cup! In the other corner, we have the Dastardly Duo, Yellow Nutsedge and Dandelions! Naiad has brought the deadly duo of a hand spade and a trashbag, but WAIT, no, the Dastardly Duo calls on the power of the sun and burns the defending champ! Naiad retaliates by removing the pile of dead saplings that the Deadly Duo was using as shelter hauling it to the dumpster, where none of the Duo may get to it. She attacks with the spade, aiming for the roots! Again! Again! Again! The Dastardly Duo is falling before her gloves, but wait, what's this? The plants call upon the sun! The burn is too much! Naiad is DOWN!
    "Next time, weeds, NEXT TIME!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    bummer. i've been thinking about starting seedlings, but then i'll have to start weeding and turning soil.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Nice description Naiad
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hope you are doing okay. Take care of that burn.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    LOL nice description Naiad. Good luck with the sunburn.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    To all Texans (whether native or not) --

My husband brought me a kid's picture book from an estate sale about a Texan. It's called THE CAT WHO LIKED POTATO SOUP. You Texans have probably all read it, but I just wanted to say: "It's precious. It's a keeper."

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I have never heard of it! Go figure! Sounds cute!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Burn's gone. A cold shower and aloe vera turned it into what passes for a tan with me.
    Never heard of that book, Lopi. My favorite Texana story books were the Tomie de Paolo ones. The Legend of the Bluebonnet, the Legend of the Indian Paintbrush, The Clown of God, etc.... I loved all of them. The Indian Paintbrush was far and away my favorite. Still is. I still have the copies my Grandma handed down to me. She was a 2nd grade teacher and an angel come to earth. When she died, everyone else was content to put them on the "kid's bookshelf" at grandma and grandpa's house. I wanted them as part of my inheritance from her. I put them in my foot locker, along with my Ramona books and Dr. Seusses. Were they special (first editions, signed, etc)? No. They were special because they helped me escape my childhood on a day to day basis. When my little niece was refusing to read books, I lent them to her, giving her the clean back story behind them. She started reading voraciously. I will have them on hand for my children to read. By that time, they'll be at least 20- 30 years old, and showing their age, but a book is not meant to be put in a plastic sack and forgotten about on a shelf. A book is meant to be read, to be loved, to be cherished.
    Onwards, to applying for more jobs, writing that book, and fighting the battle of the lawn again!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My favorite childhood book series were the Ramona books. Great stuff!
    Georgette