Page 483 of 621 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 483

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm grateful my mom isnt alive just so I don't have to deal with her crap. In the immortal words of Clint, "you can't win for losing." Maybe the two of us need to write a book on unemployment.
    Georgette

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Ok. Old enough to be your mom:-) Glad you told a couple people off along the way. I wouldn't have wanted it otherwise:-)

Especially since you would only tell people off if they absolutely deserved it!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-24-2012 at 11:23 AM.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    well I'm lucky I guess...my mom's great. I didn't always think so tho & many years ago we went thru a rough time & didn't speak for 3 years. But we mended the fence & I accept her for her faults & what she did, just as I'm sure she accepts the very few faults I have!! lol

We get along great now & since she has moved back home to Texas after having lived in Louisiana for many years we've been having a great time. She's even doing the primal thing with me & doing fantastic.

From reading your journal you sound like a pretty cool young woman nd...there is something out there just waiting for you!! Keep putting it out to the universe to help you find the right thing!!! It'll come.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    My way of dealing with mental trauma has changed. I don't know when or how I did it. I used to reach for junk food, savor it, enjoy it, and use it to help calm myself. Something kickdd over. After the layoff, I didn't want any of my normal comforts (chocolate, DP, alcohol, or ice cream.) I haven't had any of those yet. After getting laid off, I wanted a huge honking cut of dead cow, a sweet potato with plenty of butter and extra skin and caesar salad. The rolls at the table didn't intrest me. The peanuts were just decoration. Yesterday, my first day off work, rather than drowning myself in crappy food and crappy tv, I slept, I cleaned, nad I surfed the web. Food wasn't appealing. when it finally did get appealing, last night Science! with Food! was sushi, so I made a hand roll with no rice and a maki roll. the cloest thing to crappy comfort food I ate was left over monkey bread doused in a strawberry glaze, and I was more interested in the strawberries.
    I have a headache and my stomach's growling and didn't sleep for shit. Looking back, it's because I haven't eaten enough in the past few days to keep a bird alive. I just haven't been hungry. Even if I'm physically hungry, it's like there's a stone in my stomach that won't let me eat my usual gorgeful.
    Even right now, ice cream sounds good, but fruit sounds better.
    WTF happened to me?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Try to eat at least one balanced meal. Remember that you want to get those carbs (and fats and protein) Take good care of yourself and use your time wisely as you did yesterday. I think the change in your desire to eat junk in a stressful situation indicates a huge amount of growth. I wish I could say that I have gotten to that point.

Sending you good vibes.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    POSITIVE PROGRESS. WAY TO GO:-) Yeh, I just went to Whole Foods and got a latte -- organic coffee and organic milk. My treat after a couple of crappy days. I looked at all the lovely in-house baked pastries, and then happily went away with my latte. Ok. Crappy days and I was happy with a latte? Bizarre! Should have been binge time.

I mean, I was thinking this morning that raw carrots with meals would be my sweet. What is the world coming too. Your sweet potato sounds yummy:-)

Well, helping too is that the sun is shining. It is an unnatural occurrence up here. It snowed two days ago! It's warm (well, Northwest US warm for this time of year) today. I think it's called Spring elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My way of dealing with mental trauma has changed. I don't know when or how I did it. I used to reach for junk food, savor it, enjoy it, and use it to help calm myself. Something kickdd over. After the layoff, I didn't want any of my normal comforts (chocolate, DP, alcohol, or ice cream.) I haven't had any of those yet. After getting laid off, I wanted a huge honking cut of dead cow, a sweet potato with plenty of butter and extra skin and caesar salad. The rolls at the table didn't intrest me. The peanuts were just decoration. Yesterday, my first day off work, rather than drowning myself in crappy food and crappy tv, I slept, I cleaned, nad I surfed the web. Food wasn't appealing. when it finally did get appealing, last night Science! with Food! was sushi, so I made a hand roll with no rice and a maki roll. the cloest thing to crappy comfort food I ate was left over monkey bread doused in a strawberry glaze, and I was more interested in the strawberries.
    I have a headache and my stomach's growling and didn't sleep for shit. Looking back, it's because I haven't eaten enough in the past few days to keep a bird alive. I just haven't been hungry. Even if I'm physically hungry, it's like there's a stone in my stomach that won't let me eat my usual gorgeful.
    Even right now, ice cream sounds good, but fruit sounds better.
    WTF happened to me?

Tonight will be wings (traditional, parm garlic, and spicy garlic), salad, and mock and cheese (summer squash instead of mac.) I have 27 wings thawing to be split between SWG and I, and 2 breasts (to be chopped into "boneless wings") each for IT Guy and Geek, 3 squashes and a cubic assload of cheese, and salad. I WILL eat well tonight, and I WILL enjoy what the dessert experiment SWG and I come up with is.
    I will eat healthily, happily, and try not to isolate myself from those that love me (a nasty symptom of depression or mental trauma for me.)
    The sun does help, but we've completely skipped over spring. It's 90*F out there.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good night at Casa de Naiad. You are doing way better then I ever would have. This time wasn't so bad for me. Could you possibly post your recipe for your parm garlic and spicy garlic wings if you could? I need a change from heroin wings. Thanks. Keep your chin up and keep rocking your badass self.
    Georgette

For all wings I make: marinate wings with olive and garlic for 30 min, then grill til almost done. Sauce, nuke for 45s, and serve.
    Parmesan Garlic Sauce
    1 head garlic
    1/3c olive oil
    1/3c Parmesan "sawdust" (preground in a canister)
    1/4c italian seasoning
    1/4 c water
    Puree together

Spicy Garlic

4 tbsp sriracha
    1 head garlic pureed
    1/4 c olive oil
    enough water to make a slurry
    My Primal Battle Tome

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was just laid off. AGAIN. I just got my finances closer to in order, too.
    nd, I'm so sorry. That sucks.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy