Page 482 of 621 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 482

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Pam- my old job went to another friend that was laid off from a different company. There actually was no clue, because corporate blindsided even my office manager. I'll look into other jobs. The pain's pretty much gone, I think it was a harbinger of doom.
    Twibble- I hate distance driving and I want my PE. Thanks for the thought.
    I had Officemate and Tractors over tonight, as they helped me move over a bookcase that I bought from the office. They helped distract me. They're gone now, but I'll be ok. Shit happens, I just wish it didn't always happen to me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Sorry Naiad, if I were building a planet orbiting space station based super weapon (and I'm not) I'd hire you in a minute to do...what ever it is that you do.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I was just laid off. AGAIN. I just got my finances closer to in order, too.
    oh geez! i'm so sorry to hear that naiad! and i know the feeling; it seems every time we're finally caught up and have some reserves, something happens and we have to start back at the beginning. hopefully you'll find something soon.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Oh, gosh. I should tell you about the issues my sister and I are having with my mom. It might make you feel a whole lot better. But then again, it might make you feel worse! Let me know. She's actually turned mean, and I'm thinking of "losing" my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Pam- my old job went to another friend that was laid off from a different company. There actually was no clue, because corporate blindsided even my office manager. I'll look into other jobs. The pain's pretty much gone, I think it was a harbinger of doom.
    Twibble- I hate distance driving and I want my PE. Thanks for the thought.
    I had Officemate and Tractors over tonight, as they helped me move over a bookcase that I bought from the office. They helped distract me. They're gone now, but I'll be ok. Shit happens, I just wish it didn't always happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    Oh, gosh. I should tell you about the issues my sister and I are having with my mom. It might make you feel a whole lot better. But then again, it might make you feel worse! Let me know. She's actually turned mean, and I'm thinking of "losing" my phone.
    I told Mom and she launched into a "can't you keep a damn job" tirade! I did read abt it in your journal though. I'm so sorry hun. No one should hafta deal with that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks, Darth. (By the way, EVERY building project, especially in space, requires a civil engineer.)
    Saoirse, I should be used to it by now. I can't catch a break long enough to get that 3 month of money I want socked back.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Sorry to hear about your jorb. I hope you can find something else soon enough!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So sorry to hear this. I really wish there were something we could actually do for you.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Dang. I miss my dad. For all his faults (according to my mom, I got all his bad ones), he always loved and supported me and NEVER told me I was ugly or not meeting what he perceived of as the goals I should be achieving.

What is it with some of our mothers? My mom has taken to being mean interspersed with crying. Going to try to talk to her again about her calling with orders 10-12 times a day, but it will be a failure as I suddenly turn 12 when she gets mean and tells me what a failure I am.

I'm sure I'm old enough to be your mom / grandmother, Naiad, and the thing is -- even if you told some idiot manager what you thought (I know you didn't, just saying) -- which I actually think more in your character than being laid off because of last hire, first fire :-), I know there is a better job out there for you and what the hell, I'm older than you and definitely not sure what I want to do with my life -- you're way ahead of me there, but you are doing just fine. You are very alive and intelligent and supportive and fun and honest and straightforward, and if you were my kid / grandkid, I'd be so totally proud of you. So there!

Thanks, Pam. I got "laid off" (read "politely fired") from the city for tell Mentor's boss exactly what I thought of his idiotic idea when she was too tired and afraid too. He also hated strong women with personalities, and women in a position above secretary. I failed on all 3 counts, in his eyes.
    I almost got fired from Fucking Andrews for politely telling them that, if I was expected to work a minimum of 10 hrs unpaid overtime, and I was getting in trouble for not doing so, they could have at least told me they expected me to before writing me up.
    I never got in trouble at the Env company (hereafter referred to as ENV) for speaking my mind, matter of fact, they encouraged me. It was one of many things I loved there. The things I didn't like were few and far between.
    Unless you're in your 70s, 80s, you're of the age to be my Mom.
    I know there's something out there for me, but with all these shoves out the door, I almost wonder if something's trying to drop the not so subtle hint of "wrong career, dumbass!" Dunno. Need to think on it more.
    My Primal Battle Tome