Page 481 of 621 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531581 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 481

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was just laid off. AGAIN. I just got my finances closer to in order, too.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    sorry to hear that. I hope you, and everyone else who's been laid off; and trying to find work, find work sooner, than later.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    on no nd!! I'm sooo sorry! that just sucks scissors!! I hope you find something soon! Don't forget to go sign up for unemployment right away!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    on no nd!! I'm sooo sorry! that just sucks scissors!! I hope you find something soon! Don't forget to go sign up for unemployment right away!
    I could go get a job RIGHT NOW, if I was willing to not work towards my PE, do menial labor, and have no life in the oilfield.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I KNEW this job was too good to last. <rant>
    EVERY DAMN TIME I get comfortable and happy at a job, something has to fuck it up. EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Doesn't matter what it is. Wind engineering research position? Laid off when they ran out of money. Environmental library position? Laid off. City? Laid off. Environmental company? Laid off. I can't fucking win. This is BULLSHIT!!! Last in, first out, story of my career. You what I've really wanted for my birthday (in Feb), ever since I've started working? A year with only one W-2. Hasn't happened yet. Can't win for trying. I'm just fucked, cursed, something. I cannot hold a job long enough to have it be the ony one on my W-2, through nothing I've done. This looks shitty as hell on my resume and SER (PE requirement) too. I've been out of college just over 4 years and have had 4 jobs, hopefully 5 by the time I start submitting the paperwork. Kiss taking the PE exam in November goodbye, I don't have the excess money for exam fees just laying around. That was part of what I was socking back, which will now go towards survival and bills.
    I can't believe I'm about to fucknig say this, because I always thought it a cop-out and weak phrase: IT'S JUST NOT FUCKING FAIR.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    WTF? That is nuts. Did they even hint to this at your performance evaluation? Assholes. You deserve so much better

sorry to hear this happened.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

They didn't know either. This got handed down from corporate recently and blindsided us all.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain. Believe me, I have lived your scenario most of my working career.
    Georgette

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    *hugs*

Wanna go be a truck driver with me?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Oh, man, naiad, what a bummer. Totally sucks.

Hey, I think I remember something about an opening at your old job. Was that my imagination, or is that a workable option. Gosh, I hope so -- or that they hire you back Monday. Can you sign up for unemployment right away. I am so sorry. I would think anyone would want you working for them. I'd hire you if I were an employer in your field. I guess that was a clue when they started moving people around and taking obviously needed horizontal spaces away. The same thing is happening in my husband's field -- electrical engineering - silicon wafers. They are letting people go by the hundreds. Really scary.

And that's on top of your pain. I totally agree. Not a bit fair. Is Nerd home yet? Dang, you're in pain so you can't even go frolic with Idiot Dog! It is definitely too much separately, much less all at the same time. Good thoughts for a quick hire. It's gotten so it shouldn't hurt your resume -- last hired, first fired is more and more understood as jobs are cut. Hang on in there.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-22-2012 at 06:31 PM.